Chapter 17: I Am King

She wobbly walked towards the King's chamber where his body lies before the New King arrives to see him before they put him in casket and let the people see the King for the last time. She sees his body covered in his old Sovereign dress he just wore on the King's wedding last week.

Who would have thought it would be the last time to see him wearing one. Reality finally put her into place, that she has no power anymore. That she anything but a widowed woman of the late King.

And as she reaches for the door of his chamber, she sniffed a smell of an awful smell of formalin. Her heart pounded as she slowly opens the door, she sees him laying on the bed, like he was sleeping. Her heart sunk seeing him there laying peacefully in bed while thinking of her future. He left her, after all her begging not leave her, he still did. In the most devastating way, dying unexpectedly by himself.

She went towards the bed, talking to him as if he was alive. She wanted to blame him for being like this, for putting her in suffering. For giving her tears in her eyes.

She wanted to yell at him for torturing her!

"Fuck," She cursed, tightening her fist, her emotions in disarray. Even if her head is dizzy and her body is still recovering, she had to meet him for the last time, before the new King arrives.

"I fucking hate you.. Jung hyun," Ji Eun voiced out.

"How dare you to die!" She shouted her heart, mad about everything that puts her heart to her current state.

"You are.. horrible, you're a horrible man, I won't forgive you for leaving me behind!" Ji Eun yelled on top of her lungs, wanting to express her anger. She wanted to shout her feelings for the six years locked in the Palace doors, locked in his marriage. Preventing her to be happy, preventing her for many things that she wanted.

But now that he is dead, she can finally say-

"Your Highness, please we need to go, you cannot be here,"

Ahn Ri said a little worried that her voice might be heard from outside, staff might hear her cursing at the lifeless King. There she saw her in her black mourning dress, crying.

Ji Eun hasn't been in her normal sane, she is crazy. She would laugh in seconds, then cries like a true widowed wife. She doesn't know how to calculate her attitude yet since she wants to be totally alone.

But as soon as the Queen Dowager turn and glare at her eyes, she saw her lips twitching for a smile..

So unbelievably cruel,

For a wife whose husband just died.

"Do-Dowager.." She was dumbfounded to see her smiling beside the late King's form. How cruel her smile was like she had won the race. Ahn Ri's hair stood up, her eyes had never been like that ever since she served her for more than 20 years of her life.

"I'm so fucking happy.. Ahn ri.." Ji Eun smiled so widely, as if sarcastic.

"I am free!" She shouted so loud that Ahn ri quickly sush her.

"Be quiet, Your Highness! Every Palace has their ears!" Ahn Ri look over the surroundings, "People will hear you're celebrating the late King's death,"

Ji Eun scoffed, "Who would be mourning for a former King, when their King is out in the country, they won't start mourning if the new King didn't mourning for him yet.."

"They are much more eager to see His Majesty.. than looking over a dead body,"

Ji Eun return her eyes to Jung hyun, "No one will ever be by his side, because he is no longer the King.."