Chapter 28: His Last Warning

The sun has risen in the sky for another day, the previous ones are lonely, he forgot to properly sleep without his wife next to him, he would wake up hugging a cold pillow when it should have been Lisa's warmth.

But today, as he was awoken by a slight clashing of cutlery outside the bedroom, he was reminded how marriage should really feel and look like. The beautiful scent of her body, the warmth of her embrace, the silent snoring of her, and the smile in the morning seeing her.

That's right.. he married this woman.

It hasn't been that long but the treatment inside the Palace made him feel like decades.

Jungkook moved her body closer as she shifted her back against him, he pressed a kiss on her cheek and on her naked back, full of his love marks. Last night was the worst part of their marriage but also something good happened at the end of the day. He thought being married would make their life in pure bliss and happiness, but their fate was spotted in a show.

After his brother died miserably, it feels like an instant kill to him as well. He was put to that seat even if he didn't want to, and he had no choice but to listen to the aristocracies' hypocrisy only to find out that they are slowly and forcibly putting their marriage into chaos. By using her inability to give birth and his past relationship to their greatest strength as a bait.

Jungkook grabbed her right hand where her sapphire ring is, she hasn't worn it off even to sleep, wherever, whenever she goes.. she is wearing it, which puts a smile on his face. He pressed a kiss on top of her ring, somewhat becoming a miserable coincidence now that he is the King and she is his eternal love, akin to what that ring was famous for — The King's Eternal Love.

And just like how King Sejong fought for his eternal love, he too, will do anything for her.

"I won't let them hurt you anymore," Jungkook promised, pressing kisses on her neck before glaring his eyes to nowhere.

"They have to know who's the boss in this place,"

*knock* *knock*

"Your Majesty, are you awake?"

Jungkook turned to the closed door that he didn't remember closing last night, he stood up carefully not to wake Lisa from her beauty sleep and put on a robe before opening the door.

"Good Morning, Qu—

The maids who were asked to monitor her everyday were shocked when they saw the King opening the door silently.

What's going on?!

Why is the King here instead with the Queen Dowager? They heard from the aristocrats that yesterday would be the union of The King and Queen Dowager who's been reportedly sleeping in the King's chamber?!

Is the news fake?!

The Maids bow their heads, shocked, "Yo-Your Majesty!"

"Sshh," Jungkook asked them to stay silent before looking at his wife who's still asleep, "Her Majesty is still asleep, do not wake her up,"