Chapter 43: Hangang Bridge

The Palace of Gyeongbok.

It is the grandest, biggest, and safest Palace in the whole Asia. after numerous plot of breaching into the Palace, no one had ever succeeded on destroying that majestic place.

And he will be the only leader to freely enter those gates, before he perish them to death.

General Han was born into the most important aristocratic family that was given the name of "the link family" because their ancestor put the first King of Korea after it was divided into three.

The link of these three Kingdom made the first King to build the first bridge that connects the south land to the north land, and it was later then named - Hangang Bridge of Han River, as a way to express the strong connection of the King to the Han family of the North, and their loyalty hold tight to the royal family.

Ever since then, the royal family always take into consideration to whatever the Han family had said and done. They never misses and always understood.

That as time flies, the once calm river became a rapid and incurrent. They feel like they can control the royal family however they wanted it too. The obsession of them pulling strings of their puppetry play, thinking a King's decision is soley made for them.

General Han grew up knowing that the royal family is ruling the Kingdom only because of their family's pity and strength. He feel like they owe him so much, that the royal family needs to give back the gratitude for putting them on the golden throne.

But ever since he made the decision four years ago, everything he thought would work.. didn't push through like he wanted.

And he was frustrated, of the fact that the King; who's currently sitting on the throne, never listens to the words of the most important aristocrats.. Him.

"General Han, the coup has arrived,"

He opened his eyes slowly as he heard the voice of a man, he turn the voice and saw his trusted allies Lieutenant Jeong and Major Noh — who contributed a lot in the aristocratic faction even in history book.

"No one followed didn't they?" General Han asked.

"Of course, His Majesty is in Busan for war, everyone loyal to him are on standby to his signal, they wouldn't know about our rebellion," Major Noh said.

"His Majesty..." General Han muttered, "Do not call him His Majesty anymore.."

"That stubborn brat, prideful and egoistic kid.. who think he can own the land my family gave, we gave him time to know his place in the hierarchy but I have enough..." General gritted his teeth.

Ever since King Jungkook sat on the throne, everybody thinks Aristocratic family are irrelevant on the decision for the society. And nobility are putting them behind like a piece of prison waiting for their rations to come.

Most of the time they feel neglected by this vile King who was tamed by a vixen snake, a commoner who infiltrated the Palace they once adored.

But now, they are nothing but a soar pest to be exterminated in the midnight.

"That kid ignored his origin, the reason why he is here in this world and why he is still sitting on the throne, and it has to stop," General Han said while the others are nodding in response.

"I will make sure they pay for the humiliation our faction got, and execute them one by one without an ounce of remorse until we show that kid that he is irrelevant," General Han paused.

"Hangang Bridge shall fall," General Han proudly said as the two watches him with confidence that the invasion in the Palace will be successful.

"What are we to do first, Sir?" Lieutenant Jeong asked.