Chapter 23: His Last

Days in her lessons with the Queen Dowager are fine. At least she can say that for now because not really much had happened except some hierarchical insults and few teasing of how slow she is with her progress, and punishes her because she's always a half an hour late, but more than that she really didn't give much care.

She thought that maybe the Dowager was like that for always being late, and she couldn't do anything about it because everyone knew it was Jungkook who was the cause of her late attendance.

Lisa thinks he is enjoying his authority to come and go to her chamber like a teenage love, he likes it so much from running away from his chamber or from work, going to her room in the most dramatic way, like he wasn't a king but a window climber, he likes it entering her room in her window with a flower on his hand he picked at her garden.

Every night has been exciting he says.

The night has been more active than their day, and everytime the staff would knock on her door in the morning telling her that the Dowager is right outside, he would give her a flying kiss before acting like a spiderman in the window.

Lisa says it was cheesy and totally unnecessary, but deep within her she liked it to the point that she can't wait what he'll do next, seeing her husband does everything to make her comfortable and makes sure she knows that he loves her more than anything else.

Now, as she enters the field, she hears multiple gunshots where the Dowager asked her to come. There she saw the Queen Dowager, shooting straight on the bottles, hitting each and one of them exploded until her gun ran out of loads.

"Your Highness, Queen Dowager," Lisa slightly lowered her head, as instructed by her.

"Your Majesty, you're quite early but still late, this is new.." Ji Eun said after removing her earphones, and gave her gun to her lady in waiting.

"Ye-yeah...the scorching heat of the sun gave me a headache, it's nauseating to look at," Lisa said while creasing her brows, staring at the strong heat waves of the sun.

"Thank God, His Majesty is done being childish I see," Ji Eun said before turning her head at her, "But let's not postpone the lesson, I enjoy the heat, that's why I asked for you to be here, I never thought you're sickly for a doctor.." She scoffed.

"How ironic,"

"I quite understand," Lisa said however, ignoring her insult, "What is the lesson for today?"

"Not really a mental capacitation as you can see, I want to know your physical ability," Ji Eun said.

"About what?"

"Your physical ability to defend yourself, in case a war breaks and causes havoc, it is the duty of the Queen Regent to be prepared for the worst," Ji Eun said, "In the absence of His Majesty, you will be the crown regent to protect the Palace from invasion."

"So in line with this duty, I want to know whether you have knowledge on how to survive a fight," Ji Eun asked.

"I know how to box and basic jiu jitsu, His Majesty and I sparred before, and he taught me the basics how to shoot a pistol," Lisa said, she understands now why Jungkook wants her to learn how to shoot, of course. He is the commander in chief now, he has to fight if he needs too, and her to protect their home.

"Ah yes, Jungkook loves boxing, he likes physical fights more back in the days," Ji Eun said while taking her loaded gun from Ahn Ri.

"I remember back then he was one of the most excited and anticipated participants along with my late husband for the annual fist fight when their Father is still well and active," Ji Eun added.