Chapter 25: I Don't Know Anymore

Hell.

Everyday she woke up, hell came for her, and as she slept she felt burned with the news of her false pregnancy filling the Palace walls. She would vomit for breakfast, take insults for the whole lunch, and get pity by dinner.

Jisoo and her plans failed to hide that she's taking those pills from Ahn Ri, after being caught, she refuses every pill and tells them that she's pregnant, that those pills will kill her and her baby.

Since then people have called her crazy, insane, out of her mind.

A loosened-tie Queen.

With that circulating the whole Palace walls, Lisa spent all her day alone in her quarters. Even if she knew Jungkook would want to see her, and worried for her, all she does is shut him down.

She can't see him after being told that she can't give him a child and being called crazy for fighting for what she thinks is there. It is a miracle that the nation doesn't know that she can't give the nation a direct heir to the throne, she can tell that it was Jungkook hiding a huge scandal, hiding away the fact that the doctor diagnosed her as a barren. Although she knew pcos aren't supposed to give the verdict of infertility, there's a chance that she couldn't have one and her past history is what people in the Palace is strongly holding to as a proof.

There are people who support her, especially her maids who came from Taejonggung. They are there to uplift her spirit somehow, telling her that she can give birth to a Crown Prince or Princess if she takes the medicine they've been asking her to take but she refuses, she knows it isn't right.

She felt alone in the big place with no one but herself, she isolated herself alone in her library reading random books about the urbanization and city structure of the capital, now that she has a lot of time. Aristocracy thinks she is not capable of handling the position of regent anymore, thus her lesson ended as soon as the whole Palace knew she couldn't give the King an heir.

And only Namjoon and Jisoo were permitted to enter her library to give her a small support and encouragement to see Jungkook once again.

It was too soon, she says.

It was too soon for them to judge her, while the previous regent didn't experience such mistreatment after refusing to give an heir. They judge her too soon that a single mistake became a lifeline for her reign.

They call her impotent and a crazy bitch.

But all of it is fine, she could take all of it be alone, as long as they won't hurt her, but for someone who witnesses her misery and her tears are on the edge of breaking down, they think the people that surrounds them are too much and gives unnecessary attention to whatever that the Queen is doing.

"Your Majesty,"

Lisa saw a familiar face of a man who topped her 'never-engage-with' list. And now that same man is bowing at her after she prayed on the temple a little further from the Main Palace.

"General Han, it's good to see you," She said neutrally as the old man came in her presence with Jisoo behind her.

"It's good to see you out of your shell, Your Majesty," "I thought you wouldn't show up a skin outside before the fall returns," General Han looked down on her and said that she felt being tampered with.

"I just went to pray to the gods for a prosperous year's reign for His Majesty, now that the enthronement is near," Lisa said.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Your Majesty," General Han said, "I'm sure His Majesty will be happy to know that you haven't forgotten about him after what happened, very awful,"

"Forgotten?" Lisa questioned him, "How can I forget my husband?"

"But didn't Her Majesty refuse to meet him?" "You've completely shut your door when the King is asking for you," General Han questioned her back.