Chapter 24: For Continuity

"I-I'm not.. pregnant?"

Lisa's lips trembles as she asked the doctor, she was dumbfounded by the news of her false pregnancy.

"Unfortunately, Your Majesty," The doctor with the nurse with him came into her quarters and told them that she isn't pregnant after all the symptoms she felt.

"I mean, aren't those symptoms already a proof that I'm pregnant?" Lisa's heart pumping hard. "I mean.. I've checked myself pulse slowly gone up from time to time, nausea, and hormonal imbalance that results to feverish and mood swings,"

"But the result says that, Your Majesty isn't pregnant, if you're diagnosis is correct then we should have a heartbeat but the ultrasound says no," The doctor said, "I think it's because you think too much of wanting to have a baby, that's why you felt pregnant,"

Lisa scoffed, "You mean you're telling me that my symptoms are just fake, that this is pseudocyesis?"

"It is common for a mother who had already miscarriage once would feel phantom pregnancy especially now that you're so eager to have a child, so I understand your situation, Your Majesty,"

Lisa scoffed as she rested her back on the chair, how come she's wrong? She's been observing herself and for all she knows she's positive. She never had mistaken a final diagnosis on herself because she's tend to observing her symptoms.

But how come.. how come this when she's so sure.. she's wrong?

"Diagnosis," Lisa whispered.

"Pardon, Your Majesty?" The doctor asked.

"Can I see my result?" Lisa look back at the doctor, "I want to see my sonogram and let's try to see it once again, this time let me be the one to confirm it,"

The doctor was silent but his face is unfazed, he can feel the gaze of the Queen, annoyed and eager. How dare she..

She thinks she's still a doctor who knows everything in the world. She thinks she's the genius doctor who successfully co-perform a surgery. He wanted to scoff in her face that she's nothing anymore.

Entering a place that she does not belong, who does she thinks she is for stealing the position on the medical mission in the southern province. She can't be that great, she needs to know her position in this place.

"Unfortunately,, I cannot allow Your Majesty to look for your result, it is not traditional for a Queen to meddle herself with the royal physician," "but What I found in your ultrasound was a thick endometrium in your uterus which I think causes your late menstruation,"

Lisa chuckled sarcastically, "You mean.. I have polycystic ovary syndrome?"

"Indeed Your Majesty," "This syndrome is quite common, but we need to take action immediately, now that you're a Queen, siring an heir is very imp—

"You mean I-I'm infertile?" "You mean I can't sire an heir because all of the sudden I have pcos when every month I've been with my pediatrician tracking and checking up on me?!" "Saying I'm fine!" Lisa shouted, the pain her heart.

"Do you know how big this accusation is?!" Lisa shouted, her eyes melted on fire.

"Your Majes—

"Jisoo, tell them how huge this speculation is for hiding the existence of the heir to the throne!!" Lisa said which much authority which startled them all.

"Pro-Professional misconduct of patient diagnosis and restriction of her my data privacy, falls into a serious detention with five million to 10 million of bail," Jisoo paused.

"Furthermore, Sejong act no. 243 stating misinformation pertaining to the heir to the throne can be stripped off their license and worst.. death penalty," Jisoo said.