Chapter 6: Never Falter

*trumpets roared*

"Arriving His Majesty, The King, King Lee Jung hyun," "Her Majesty, Queen Regent Lee Ji Eun,"

"His Highness, The Grand Prince Lee Jung kook, and His Fiancée, Lady Lalisa Park,"

Jung Hyun, Ji Eun, Jungkook, and Lisa descended the stairs, while everyone bowed their heads and curtseyed for them. It makes Lisa a little uncomfortable that the King and Grand Prince insisted for her to be here when she isn't still a member of the royal family.

But for the sake of the support from the King, he wanted to at least give the press a little overview that the four of them are in good relationship.

"Good Evening Everyone," Jung hyun greeted as soon as they arrived at the center, while Jungkook and Lisa stopped at the end of the stairs.

"Thank you for coming to the founding anniversary of the Kingdom, I am grateful for everyone's attendance to this bounty state banquet to celebrate with us for more years of prosperity,"

"And as you are all quite aware, my brother, Grand Prince Jungkook of Taejonggung will be married next month, and she is none other than, Lady Lalisa Park of PVH Group of Company," "We shall support and bless their marriage, in this occasion,"

"Yes, Your Majesty!" "Congratulations Grand Prince!" Everyone clapped their hands together, Jungkook smiled at them while Lisa bowed her head in respect for everyone. 

But on the other side of the banquet is Jisoo, who had a leap of heart when she saw how magnificent her mistress to be, walking like she's been born to be a royal while the flashing of cameras blinded the whole ball.

It is the first time The Sovereign and the Taejonggung are in one place, being photographed together in harmony. The King is proud to present his brother with his future wife as the mic came on for a speech from him.

It is rare for the sovereign to invite a woman who is yet to be married to the royal family, but it seems like the King is fond of Lisa, that's why she's here  – In front of the delegation, many aristocrats and nobles of the society. Raising their pride, ego, and expounding their wealth through jewelries, embroideries, suits of honor that was given by the King.

In a field with so much boasting, she thinks Lisa stands gorgeously like her namesake, at first she looks lost but within those weaknesses lies her great acting– she can camouflage among them and you'll never see her falter.

She knows she is a very prestigious doctor who she believes to be advocating for women, especially single moms. She can't deny her great charisma for the Grand Prince, as she observes her talking more of what the Grand Prince taught her and how The King and Queen supported their sudden marriage without a second thought.

"She's either a great actor, or a genius murderer," Jisoo mumbled to herself.

There's no way a woman born a commoner like her on the first time of her state banquet would perform this great! It would be more acceptable that she's herself like most of the aristocratic women instead of supporting the crown. It's like she's used to standing so high up and supporting her husband in political talks.

She got chills on her arms, that sends shiver all throughout her body, "Fuck, she is not human,"

"Who's not human?"

"Ahh!" A voice from behind startled her, she turned around to find out the biggest annoying face getting her off guard.

She clicked her tongue, "What happened to 'lets not see each other again', stupid,"

Namjoon fixes his tie and faked a cough, "It's not like I am willing to see you, Lady Mae is asking for you to meet her on the right lounge right now,"

"Lady Mae?" Jisoo widened her eyes.