Chapter 21: Habit

"Your Majesty, thank you for accepting my request to add more staff,"

Jungkook turn back to see a very familiar face of a woman wearing black dress, while his butler is fixing his tie and other staff is waiting for the butler to finish. He was about to go to Gyeongbokgung from Taejonggung to meet Lisa who's with the interior designer earlier when he woke up. They decided to stay in their previous palace for the meantime while the minimal renovations is going on. It only takes 2 weeks for it to be done and only few more day until they fully transfer to the main Palace.

But when he was about to finish being dolled up, his widowed sister in law requested an audience all of the sudden and he accepted it anyway.

"I'm grateful of your kindness, Your Majesty," Ji Eun bow her head with a smile on her face.

"You don't need to thank me," "I've spoken ill of your name in your own faction, it is my fault, and you deserve to live comfortably in the Palace, after what happened to my brother, I'm sure you feel lonely," Jungkook said.

"Is that so, Your Majesty? Then, I am most honored of Your Grace," Ji Eun bent down almost sitting on the floor, he can't believe that now that their position changed for second time, she would lower her head to him yet again, it is like they've reversed back to what they are.

But only to title, and not the past.

"Please stand up," Jungkook exhaustedly said, but in a polite manner. His eyes are cold but his voice is neutral. He retrieved his eyes towards his watch, he saw the time already gone by too fast and he is late, Lisa might think he's still sleeping, he should hurry or else she'll get mad.

"Let's not make it too complicated, I'm just going to see the renovation with the Queen," Jungkook said seeing the butler about to take a vest.

"Understood, Your Majesty," The butler bow his head before taking the coat and assist Jungkook to wear it.

"I should be going, the Queen is waiting for me in Gyeongbokgung, please escort Her Highness back to her chamber," Jungkook smiled neutrally at her, after ordering the staff to escort her.

"Yes, Your Majesty,"

The staff bow their heads to the Queen Dowager, but Ji Eun however saw his necktie still crooked and needs to tend. And when he was about get past through her, her hand stopped him involuntary as if it was her habit and fixes it like how she remembers it before.. exactly in this very Palace that holds so much of their pleasant memories.

Jungkook pulled slightly back, shocked by her actions, "What are you doing? Dowager?"

"I-I'm sorry, Your Majesty.. it's the tie.. it isn't fixed enough.. it hurts my eyes," Ji Eun excused while averting his eyes and moving back, embarrassed by her action.

The staff was shock with the Dowager's action. They thought she is either still shocked and not with herself because of the sudden death of her husband, or because she is exhilarated to do what she wants again.

Why do they think like that?

Because they've been in Taejonggung for too long.

They just ignored it before, because they aren't in the position to say anything, but Palace have their ears which brought the two of them to breaking up. But now as the King was motionlessly staring back at the Dowager like how they probably remember those sinful days.

Confused by her action? Maybe. Or perhaps—

"Baby, are you awake?"

*door opens*

Lisa entered their room in a manner that she got used to when they're alone, only to find out they're infiltrated by someone, wicked she said.