twenty- eight

as clay opens the door, i immediately hear arguing.

"BRO THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T COOK FOR SHIT!" a girl, drista, yells at nick.

"AS IF YOU COULD DO ANY BETTER, GO GET THE FUCKING DOOR!" nick squeals back. drista comes out from the kitchen and sees us standing there.

"HOT WOMAN IS HERE!" drista yells. nick comes out and sees me and clay standing there.

"hey." i say awkwardly.

"the fuck happened to your neck?" nick shamelessly asks.

"she had an incedent." clay answers for me.

"yeah and you went furry mode on him." i dryly laugh.

"shh." clay shushes me, probably so i don't hurt myself to much with my neck injury. clay leads me over to the couch and we both sit down, nick and drista sitting across from us.

"wait shit i have a footy game." i realise.

"well your not going." clay firmly says.

"can't they sub?" drista asks.

"i can't our team has no subs. i have to go." i say, statting to stand up, clay immediatly putting a hand infront of me and pushing me back on the couch.

"fine, but i gotta call my coach and let him know i can't go." i say, rubbing my neck while pulling out my phone. i let it start ringing and walk into a different room where the others can't hear.

-clay pov-

"what actualy happened to her?" nick asks, putting his phone down.

"oh she texted me like 'wanna hear a crazy story' and she was going on about how some creep was flirting with her or something and she got away from him and hid in that alley way on this street. she texted like saying how she was still there so i went and got her. we were just gonna come straight home but the guy put her in a VERY tight headlock. tight enough to do that." i explain, not putting in the part where i became an animal and growled at him.

"shittt." drista drags out.

"she's so hot." nick says. i just laugh and shake my head.

"i don't know what she's doing after this, if she's gonna go home or stay here for a bit." i say, falling back on the couch with a slight huff.

"good news, he's not mad, bad news, they had to pull out of the game." alex says, coming out from wherever she just was. she sits down next to me and shoves her phone in her pocket.

as her leg brushes against mine, i feel goosebumps on her legs. i look over at her and shes covered in them.

"you cold?" i ask, obviously knowing the answer.

"little." she simply replies, not thinking much of it.

"i'll go get you a jumper." i say.

"but-" alex starts.

"no buts." i confirm, alex sighing, deciding not to argue it. i leave the room and head to my bedroom to grab a jumper.

"simp ass" nick says when i come back. i throw the jumper at alex and it lands on her head. i sit down and she pulls the jumper from her head, her hair going everywhere.

i laugh as she slides the jumper over her head.

"holy fuck she nearly can fit through the neck hole." nick says, drista finding that funny and hysterically laughs, hitting nick.

"ow bitch."