thirty- eight

alex pov-

i start my first shift today. kind of nervous, kind of not. i'm now in the department of waitresses, not a chef or anything. at a very expensive restaurant, so hopefully will end up being good pay. i was told that my uniform will be there waiting for me, aswell as shoes, so i just drive there and figure out what to do.

as i walk inside, i see the person who interviewed me, waiting there for me. he sees me and rushes over to me.

"hello! welcome, so as you did your training online," he starts, leading me into locker rooms, "you basically already know everything and what to do, so, here is your locker, you can keep everything in there. you can make your own passcode and that will never be different. your clothes are in there, and, then your ready for your shift." he says breathing out his leftover air at the end.

"okay, thanks." i say, waving at him, who is now leaving the locker room. i see change rooms at the other side of the room, so i set my passcode, grab the clothes and change. i leave the room and head to the the desk where the food is placed, i grab a notepad and start taking orders.

-

after around 3 hours of taking orders, serving plates and listening to crying babies, i finished my shift. i go back into the locker room and grab my clothes. i change and put my uniform back in the locker. i'll wash it after my next shift.

i grab my phone and look through my new notifications. youtube, youtube, clay's messages, clay's missed calls, clays voicemails, and tiktok.

i decide to read through all of the messages and listen to some voicemails. i go back into a change room and pull the curtain shut. i slide down the wall and sit on the musty ground with my knees pressed to my chest.

alex
alex
ur hilarious
i need you to answer
did drista come and see u
she wont tell me
did u guys talk
did u let her in
alex
cmon
alex
ive given u a lot of time
ive left u alone
surely ur ready to talk
delivered, yesterday 4:10pm

im gonna give up eventually
but i dont want to
ur just making it difficult for me
its really fucking exhausting
alex srsly in getting tired

sleep then

tired of THIS
wait alex?
huh
delivered

alex
srsly
i fucking hate you
-