thirty- seven

drista pov-

i pull up google maps as i start walking down towards alex's house. i memorize the directions and start sprinting. playing rugby for years gave me the speed.

i reach her house, hoping to catch her before she gets inside, but she's home already. i get to the front door and lightly knock on the door, she has a peephole so she knows it's me.

"alex, i just want to talk, nick and clay aren't here, i just want you to help me understand what is happening." i say through the door. after a few moments, a tired alex opens the door.

"come in." she says, i walk inside and follow her to the couch. she sits next to me and i face her.

"so what's been going on?" i ask, starting the conversation.

"i just feel like i'm such a low life and am taking away your time. and just putting an extra weight on clay's shoulders."

"but your not, he's had more on his shoulders by NOT talking to you." i admit for him, since he's to pussy to do it.

"sooner or later he will realise he's doing that for nothing." alex sighs.

"please come back, we all miss you, even your boyfriend nick." i laugh joke, which she lightly laughs at.

"as much as i would like to, i can't."

"why not." i ask, practically begging for an answer.

"as i said before, he's gonna realise he's better without me. my broke ass has been relying on him for a lot of things, and i need to stop doing that."

"like become independent?" i ask, knowing the answer.

"yeah, exactly."

"so do it with us, we can all work on ouselves." i smile.

"we can all do it at the sametime, you do it with clay and i'll do it with my fish."

"you have a fish?" i ask, looking around.

"nope, out now." she states, standing up and dragging me to the door.

"please alex. can i come and see you again?" i say, before going outside.

"maybe, bye now, i have things to do." she says, trying to push me outside.

"can i help?" i say, trying to get past her and back further in the house.

"NO!" alex laughs, shoving me out the door with great force and closing it.