thirty- five

"oh i used to say, i would never fall in love again until i found her. i said i would never fall unless its you i fall into, i was lost within the darkness, but then i found her, i found you~" my speaker played out the music.

i sung along as i tap to the beat. the music paused for a second as i got a notification. i looked over at my phone and it was an email. i am confused until i unlock my phone and see that i got the job, which brings a smile to my face.

it also gives other infomation in the email, such as how to see my shifts, works number, when my first shift it, ect. but my first shift isn't for nearly a week. i breathe out slightly heavily and put my phone back down.

"but i crave us hugging, yeah i stay starving, 'cus i can't admit that you got all the strings i know just how to tell them. i think i'm in love~ again." i sing along.

i have just been vibing to music, being bored out of my mind. it feels like i've scrolled through my whole for you page and i've reached the end, even though it isn't possible.

i've caught up on EVERYTHING on any other social media. it's like there's nothing left to do. i seriously have to start working out and getting out of the house, it's just been hard recently.

i get up and turn down my music. i hop in the shower and wash myself thoroughly, feeling VERY refreshed after i get out. i brush my teeth and throw on some clothes. i braid my hair and put on my converse. i get my purse and look out the peephole before exiting the house.

i get in my car and drive to the grocery store. i look in my purse and see i only have about $10 on me. i roll my eyes and go inside. i grab a basket and look around. i go straight for the gum rack, getting my favourite watermelon flavoured gum.

i walk around the store and grab some things here and there, but on the way i run into one of the last people i wanted to see. drista.

she spots me and smiles wide, waving at me. i wave back, turning around, praying she won't come after me, but then i hear footsteps running behind me. i turn and see drista next to me.

"hey- woah you look tired." drista stops.

"oh yeah, not much sleep." i smile, not completely lying.

"how come you haven't been around our house recently." drista cluelessly questions.

"it's only been a couple day."

"like a week you mean." drista scoffs.

"yeah sorry, i uhm-" i have to break the news. "i don't think i'll be around to much anymore."

"what why?"

"uhm, i- uh, i'm just not talking to clay anymore really, he didn't do anything wrong, it's all me."

"why aren't you talking to him anymore?" drista at this point is VERY confused

"it's better for him, and i really don't think i should be talking to you either."

"what no, and is that why clay hasn't been home or out of his room? i've only seen him like 1 time these past couple days, and he looked like a zombie."

"probably. look, i gotta get going, tell clay to look after himself for me, please." i say, walking off. drista calls out my me but i squeeze my eyes shut, tears spilling out.