thirty- two

me and drista mentally prepare ourselves to walk in the front door. as we open it, we are met by a red clay.

"uhm." i say, looking from clay to drista, then back to clay.

"i thought i said 6."

"i think you meant-" i cut myself off, looking at the clock on my phone, "6:57."

"i don't think i did." he huffs, turning around and sitting at his barstools. me and drista hold back our laughs and follow him inside, shutting the door behind us.

"well, i can't stay for long, i gotta get home and eat more food." i say, going around the other side of the island, facing clay.

"no."

"c'mon, i can't keep staying here." i sigh, putting my elbows on the counter.

"yes you can." nick comes around and into the kitchen, leaning next to me.

"not really, i have shit to do at home, all the food will go shitty, i have to clean up that festy place, it's a litteral mess."

"do that tomorrow, please just stay tonight." drista whines.

"holy fuck i'm not that interesting to be around."

"yes." clay starts, "yes you are."

"no, ok bye i really gotta get going, and i might go visit mom."

"i thought she?" clay hints at her being dead. i raise an eyebrow and say,

"think about it."

"what?" nick asks, clay ignores him.

"ohhh ok ok, i guess you can go, but PLEASE come back after and stay."

"i dunno you will just have to wait and see if i show up, i might come at 3 in the morning for all you know." i smile, gathering my things and getting ready to go.

"one of us is bound to be awake." clay says, giving me a hug goodbye, followed by drista. i look over to nick and say,

"it's only fair." while opening my arms for a hug. he smiles wide and gives me a very comforting hug.

"bye sisters." i say, trying to sound like james charles, leaving and heading to my car.

-time skip-

i turn off the car and walk into the graveyard, finding my mom's tomb. i spot it and sit down, crossing my legs.

"hey mom." i sigh, looking down and picking at the grass. "your funeral and burial was so upsetting for all of us, like your close friends, and family. i really miss you mom, yeah we weren't as close as we used to be but it has been weird, and difficult without you."

"footy has been going okay, my whole team had to pull out of the game yesterday because i injured my neck, and we didn't have any subs. i'm thinking of just giving up on footy and focusing on trying to get a job, i'm in so much debt, i mean, i have friends that could help me if they knew what is happening, but i don't want to do that to them, it's my problem and my hole to get out of."

"speaking off my friends," i start, laying down on my back and looking up at the sky, the sun setting. "i really only have three who all live together, one being a small 14 year old, but she's fun. i went shopping with her today, she's really great to be around, and is trustworthy. another one is nick, i don't know too much about him but he seems cool and trustworthy aswell. i'd love to get to know him more."

"and the third one. god, the third one. clay. he is always running through my mind. me and him have cuddled, i've seen him shirtless, i tell him anything and everything. he's just so.. perfect. like he's warm, kind, funny, like everything, and the good looks is just a bonus. i don't know how much longer i can keep it a secret, but he wouldn't feel the same. since he is a streamer and knows a ton of people, he has a lot of options, so why would he choose me? exactly. he wouldn't."

"anyways, i've been finding things harder to do, being less motivated, always tired even if i get a good night sleep, just, things haven't been the same, maybe i'm adjusting to being more active because i have friends now, but i don't think it's that. like small things anger me, but i hide it so i don't take it out on the friends i finally have. when i wake up in the morning, i dread getting out of bed, and don't do it for a good 2 hours, or more. and, you know, i've gained weight, like a lot. it might not be noticable, but that's because i wear baggy clothes."

"like when i was giving my friends hugs, i was so stressed incase they noticed how much bigger i've gotten. i just am so lazy that i can eat but can't workout. motivation loss has been difficult for me. i think having friends isn't good for me, or more, isn't good for them. i drag people down with me, a bad habit. i think i should cut them out. that could be a bad idea, but they will eventually give up on trying to reach me. what do you think mom?"

"your definitely screaming at me right now, but i think i'm gonna go home now, i love you momma, i really love you, i'll try and come talk to you again soon. bye mom." i sadly smile, getting up and letting a tear fall down my cheek. i get into my car and drive home, making a decision.

cut clay, nick and drista out.