thirty- six

i rest my head on the kitchen counter and let out a frustrated sigh. i am bored out of my mind, and once again, running low on food. i couldn't grab much since i ran into drista almost immediatly, and i didn't want to stay in the store.

"i fucking have nothing." i say to myself, "FOR FUCKS SAKE!" i yell, thowing my phone across the room, hitting a tile wall and landing on the stovetop. i groan and storm over to my phone, it all cracked up and won't turn on.

"why did you fucking do that what the fuck is wrong with you." i say, talking to thin air. i flop onto the ground and groan. i mutter insults to myself, now having to pay for a new phone, with money i DON'T have. my first shift isn't until tomorrow, and i would need my phone to clock in.

i roll my eyes and grab my keys, aswell as my phone. i jump into the car and turn on the egnition. i see that i'm running low on fuel. i sigh and shove my head into the steering wheel. i drive down the street and go into the apple store.

i manage to get a plan on my new phone, being a white iPhone 12, which means i don't have to pay all at once. i also buy a cheap clear phone case and a cheap screen protecter while i'm in there.

i get back into the car and drive home. i rush inside and put my new phone on charge while i put my screen protecter and case on it. i get my old phone and take the sim card out, praying it will still work.

-clay pov-

i slowly drift into sleep with my head on the dining table, until drista comes back with the groceries.

"CLAY!"

"what?" i say, lifting my head up.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU AND ALEX NOT TALKING ANYMORE." drista yells at me, wanting an answer.

"how do you know about that." i say, standing up.

"i ran into her at the shop, she didn't say much, she said you didn't do anything but she won't tell me what's happening so i need you to."

"she's going through some things, she lost her mom and hasn't been herself since that. she thinks shes putting weight on our shoulders and doesn't want to be a bother anymore."

"but she isn't a bother?" drista asks, confused. (deja vuuuuu)

"exactly, but she won't budge, and there's nothing i can fucking do." i puff, sitting down again and putting my head in my hands. drista drops the bags at the door and pulls out a chair across from me.

"she told me to tell you to take care of yourself." drista sighs. leaning back in her chair. "where doesn she live?"

"a couple blocks down, why?" i ask.

"where." drista says, wanting the exact adress.

"why?"

"don't tell me and i'll just ask nick."

"*adress*" i sigh, knowing she is gonna go and see alex.

"kay thanks, go get sleep."

——————

AHHHH THANK YOU TO 5trawberry_Frog BC IF THIS LOVELY PERSON DIDN'T GIVE ME AN IDEA I PEOLLY WOULDN'T HAVE WRITTEN ANYTHING ANYWAYS GO FOLLOW THEM