chapter 71

"are you ready?"
"yeah. do you think they would except me?"
"if they did it the first time, they'll do it again."
"but they were manipulated by dream again!"

the tall god hushed me and brought me back to the smp. After him seeing me sit in front of the mirror that showed me everyone, he realised that I was somewhat getting bored and missed then. we made a deal so I could see my friends and family one last time. but lately, dream has been manipulating them.

when my feet hit the ground, a gust of wind pushed the trees. I was on the prime path. everyone came rushing over to see what was the cause of the wind.

they all looked at me. like they didn't know me. there was a slow clap from the crowd.
"welcome back, Y/N! did you miss us?"
dream asked.
"look, I'm only here to see my friends and family. not you.."
"have you not realised? I thought you were smarter. they aren't your friends. they're under my control."
a smile set across his face. it was extremely unsettling.

"why don't you guys take care of them? I have some god business to do."
once he walked out of sight, they all rushed over. not to hug me. but to attack me.

***

(blah blah blah. I'm not good at writing this.)

there I laid. blood trickling onto the prime path. everyone was starting to walk away. for some reason, a smile was on my face. fundy turned around. a glimpse of hope and realisation was in his eyes. he came rushing over to me.

(now you see, it would usually be Tommy, right? but nahhhhh. remember, Y/N felt betrayed by him.)

everyone else turned around to see the fox sitting me up, wiping the blood away and comforting me as I cried.
"fundy! what are you doing?! they're an evil monster! remember?"
niki shouted. that hit. harder then expected. nikichu was the one that protected me a lot. the one who cared for me a lot.

"and dream's just manipulating us all again! he always does the same thing. yet we still fall for it.."
you could hear how he was slowly breaking inside.

just like fundy, everyone else eventually got their realisation and helped me. there was mixtures of apologies and me waving them off.

the sky was turning a deep red. one that looked like those eyes in the mirrors.
"as the sky falls..we will all die."
I mumbled
"what?"
"quackity. shut the fuck up and give me your axe."
they all had a confused expression. we were all quiet and content.

"what the fuck are you go-"
I snatched his axe and ran in the same direction as dream went. I would need some help from XD to find him.

***

he was in a castle, in the throne room. many monitors were surrounding him.
"dream."
"Y/N. welcome."
"cut the crap!"
he snapped his fingers and they all disappeared.
"let me ask one question, dream. why? why did you do all this?"
"you want to know why? you want to know why!"
"did I not just ask?"

"for fuck sakes, Y/N! before YOU came, I always wanted this WHOLE server to be a HAPPY family! THEN you HAD to come along. and of course, I fell in love with you. JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!"
he took a deep breath.

"as time went on, I craved for something more. for you love AND to have power over EVERYONE! I destroyed ALL of the things I cared about. I ruined my friendships. everything..but I forgot one thing. something, or rather someone, that I just couldn't let go."
he walked down towards me. once he got in front of me, he placed a hand on my shoulder. his grip was tight.