11. Fighting in the dark

Riven

I lunge at Sky, rage filling me.

I swing towards his head, blocking his blow to my side as I go. The clang of metal reverberates around my head and I grin in savage delight at the sensation, Helios I love twin blades.

I twist kicking at his feet watching as he falls to the ground before he rolls back up.

"You going to tell me what's really bothering you then?" Sky asks. He advances swiftly, strike, block. His eyes flash with triumph as he sends a kick to my chest, forcing me to step back as we circle each other.

"Other than you." I point a sword in challenge at his direction .

Sky swipes my sword to the side, using his other to jab at my stomach. I twist away, curling around his arm to flip him over my shoulder. Sky's on his feet in seconds. He attacks, left, right, block. A swift lunge has me darting to the side. I bring my swords up to strike, he blocks. Our blades slide close with momentum until we are face to face. So close I can feel his breath against my face. His eyes bore into mine.

"Is it the body?" I shove against him, forcing him back before I run at him, blades swinging. I force his blades apart, leaving his chest open for me to kick. Sky stumbles back. ha, hurts like a bitch doesn't it.

Distantly I can feel eyes upon us. I charge at Sky as he regains his footing. He blocks my blow, swinging down to sweep my feet from under me. I crash to the floor before rolling to the side, standing up in one fluid motion as we circle each other again.

"Or is it the omadas?"

I move forwards, our blades clashing as we trade blow after blow. I lose track of time as Sky and I fight, swinging, blocking and trading blows. I swing at Sky's head, he barely ducks in time to escape the killing blow. I falter slightly, shocked at what I did but Sky just swings back with equal ferocity.

Good.

We both want to leave a mark on the other then.

Our fight has lost all pretense of being training. Something dark and twisted filled me with delight. We're fighting to work something out now. We'll both be alive by the end of it but I'd like to think Sky will walk away with a few new scars. Maybe I will too.

Our blades clash again as I force Sky off the platform, not hesitating for a second to jump down after him. Sky blocks my blow from his positron on the ground before kicking my leg out to give himself time to stand back.

He doesn't wait for me to do the same before attacking.

We're moving around the training grounds now. Using the natural obstacle course to our advantages. Jumping up against platforms, using left out throwing knives. Anything is fair game now.

The sound of our fighting fills the area with such startling clarity that I begin to notice our surroundings. Sky and are still fighting ferociously but it appears we have gained a crowd. A rather large crowd.

Fairies and Specialists alike are standing around us in a wide circle. Gaping in horror and curiosity.

Sky uses my distracted state to his advantage and flips me over his shoulder. I roll away, clambering to my feet as we both regain our breath.

Slowly we begin to circle each other. I tighten my grip on the swords.

Sky points at me with one of his blades. His eyes flashing with irritation. I can't stop the thrill of glee at the sight of his normally perfect hair messy. Petty, I know. But I'll take whatever wins I can.

"It's about the little girl, isn't it."

My thoughts pause but my body keeps moving, what girl?

"The one in the photo," Sky stops, getting into a fighting stance as he braces himself. "This is about your little sister isn't it?"