42. Attack

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★"You were content to reduce me to nothing but a dog yapping at its master, why can I not talk to you as the cowards you are?"・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"Tag and test them?" I suggest looking at Lýkos in question but pause when he stares at me with that new light in his eyes. I blush slightly at his obvious pride in seeing me become so confident in my role, it would appear he has calmed down from our argument on Thursday but I know we will still need to discuss it. Ideally before Stella comes back from her ministers meeting about health and poverty.

"Tag?" Dowling asks.

"Electronically and magically," Lydia adds on, nodding in appreciation towards me. "We can dart them, set up traps to have them fired upon, have them step into ankle traps, good old fashioned sharp shooting if need be."

"We could then link the spells and technology to separate maps, so we can track any issues with our tools and then combine the two to create one large tracking sheet. We'd record their movements, if they're anything like last time plus their apparent evolution then we may be lucky and they've developed the pack instinct or even the homing beacon of bees and wolves."

"Bees?" Riv whispers to me in amusement, and I step on his foot till he groans in pain and shuts up.

"How close would we have to get?" Irene asks, sitting up to scan the sheets on the table.

"Depends on the weapon." Lýkos grumbles, voice low as he stares at me, something darker in his eyes this time. I've said too much, revealed too much. Last time he saw me in this position I was a naive girl still depending on his advice, then I moved in with Andreas and the next time we were together was because of the Ricki incident. I've changed. I wonder if he has too.

"How long will it take you train the specialists up to standard?" Lydia asks Silva.

I hate abdominal exercises.

Mostly because I can't do them.

"I knew you didn't have much muscle," Andreas drawls," After the whole, imprisoned and experimented thing." I tense at the reminder.

"But this is absolutely pathetic" He indicated my position on the floor. I'm laid belly-down on the ground, having collapsed after trying to hold a full-body plank.

"Aren't you supposed to be my inspirational teacher?"

"You can't do more than five seconds."
"And how long can you do?" I spat.

"Five minutes."
I push up onto my elbows to glare up at Andreas. "I'm sorry I haven't had 40 years of fancy specialist training."