37. The Problems at Hand

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"You said you wouldn't date me if I couldn't kill at least three burned ones on my own!"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Sky

"Where do you think they're keeping it?" Bloom asks, looking up at me in worry.

I glance around hesitantly at the specialists, not exactly the most subtle place to meet up and talk rule breaking. I watch with sadness as Bloom's eyes flicker around in paranoia, she's scared. She has every right to be after the Burned One incident.

"There's only so many places they can keep a creature like that," I murmur, frowning when Bloom's eyes fill with more worry, "I can break out the specialist maps."

I pause, tilting my head slightly, "You know this would be easier if we told Miss Dowling."

"No, no." Bloom shakes her head, "Dowling took an oath to the Queen, I've heard it mentioned around thanks to the meetings."

She looks up at me pleadingly, "I'm the broken changeling, Sky. In a contest for loyalty the crown wins every time and if Octavia gets wind that I'm not even trying to help-" She breaks off, swallowing back tears, "You know how protective she is of Stella, protective of the crown."

"I know, I know." I soothe, bringing her into an awkward hug.

It's different, being out with Bloom publicly and still trying to be her friend.

"Thank you, Sky." She murmurs in my ear and I tense at the feeling.

"Of course." I try not to sound as awkward as I feel, she's upset enough as it is.

She pulls back, tensing as she does, "So if you have your first year celtic ruins stuff, I would be super grateful."

Bloom awkwardly smiles and I frown slightly, confusion no doubt filling my gaze. Celtic ruins-

"Hi Mr Silva," Bloom nods to the person, Silva, behind me and I straighten up slightly in understanding. "Bye Sky."

"Bye Bloom."

I pause, lifting my head up to look at the Sky and take a steadying breathe. Fuck. Why must Silva be all knowing at certain points? Genuinely, when I actually need his help with Burned One drama he's not there but when I even think about girl drama he just.

Poof.

Appears.

"Sky," He says warningly as I turn to face him, I immediately make a face at his expression.

"Don't," I interrupt, annoyance flaring when he raises his brows in amusement, "I'm already lecturing myself."

"And I suspect you'll ignore your own lectures as well." He gives me an expectant look, the one that says 'I raise you, don't even try disagreeing with me'. I sigh.