25. Mind Fairies that Gossip

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ Octavia Siatra 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

I limp as fast as I can to the greenhouse, worry consuming my every thought. What the hell happened, why was he in the stables in the first place. I know Riv likes to drink and party but this feels extreme, even for him. Aches and pains make themselves known and I really wish I had bothered to get the healing potion last night instead of just going straight to bed but I couldn't bear the thought of suffering one more lovesick expression filled second from Stella. Honestly the girl is smitten.

Hobbling through the doorway I groan in irritation at the stretch of jungle before me. Curse you stupid aesthetically pleasing fairies and your designs. I wonder if Riv was with the horses because he likes them. I know Sky mentioned he knew how to ride but he's not exactly one of those 'horse girls' like Bea and I we're as little kids.

"Are you sure it's not just some ridiculous excuse, because horse trampling feels quite random." A feminine voice murmurs.

Dowling, mistress, she's talking with Silva, Irene and Harvey.

Riven is sedated in one of the beds around the corner.

"Sky was too shocked to think of lying." Silva disagrees.

"What of the body?" A male voice asks, must be Harvey. "If they were out ther-"

"If Sky says they weren't out there, they weren't out there." Irene snaps.

"Your faith in them is admirable but they're teenage boys-"

"Irene is right." Silva interrupts Farrah, an edge to his voice. "Sky wouldn't lie."

"Fine, perhaps not." Dowling concedes. "But we still need to check the body and report it to the Solarian government."

"You mean report it to Princess Octavia." Harvey hums. "You do know she oversees all of the defence for Solaria. You might as well hand her the report."

"General Lýkos still gets them first and he carries out reconnaissance-"

"But he still takes orders from a child, is what Ben means." Farrah interrupts.

Rage boils in me. How dare they. Do they really think someone as smart and as cunning as my mother would have given me a position that I haven't earned. I know I have to prove myself constantly because of my age and gender but I expected better from someone like Dowling.

"Princess Octavia," A familar voice drawls, "Does an exceptional job at commanding the armed forces and monitoring the burned one situation, unlike you."