36. :・゚☆Planning vs Plotting

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"My stunning, daring, beautiful and bold ma-":・゚☆

Octavia

I walk with Riven to his training session, linking my pinkie through his as we walk along the corridors. Half a thought has the shadows following the winx girls to ensure they don't do something stupid despite me telling them to stand down.

"Am I a changeling?" Bloom demands and Farrah turns back round to face Bloom

"Where did you hear that?" Dowling asks in concern, eyes flashing at the accusation.

"My roommate saw me lose control in the forest and everyone at the party two night ago seemed to know, they all apparently had a tough time believing I was from a long-dormant fairy Bloodline."

"Bloom-" Doling swallows awkwardly, guilt lacing her features.

"Would it have been so hard to tell me my parents weren't really my parents?"

Dowling pauses, "I didn't want to burden you with too much too quickly."

"So instead you let me learn from teenagers in the middle of a party? Teenager, the most gentle and reliable sources of information"

Dowling purses her lips at Bloom's forlorn expression.

"I'll admit it was not ideal."

"You think?"

"Tone." Dowling warns and Bloom looks away in shame.

"Do you even know who they are?" Bloom questions brokenly, "my real parents."

"I don't," Dowling admits, "Which is another reason why I didn't want to tell you."

"So what am I supposed to do?" Bloom asks, sounding defeated.

"You come to class everyday, you focus, you learn, you grow." Dowling states wisely, "Eventually the answers will come."

Dowling forces a slight smile at Bloom before walking off.

"Cryptic and vague, just like everything else in this place." Bloom scoffs

That's the first thing she's said that I agree with.

At least she seems focused on the changeling drama rather than the burned one and the lost ring. Speaking of, I need to work out a plan. I've got two hours before the minister's give their concluding speeches from yesterday's discussion. General topics that they pick the same outcomes they did last meeting.

However, those outcomes do work and keep Solaria ticking over. I need to pick my battles. Focusing on what area of health funding should go to regarding hospitals isn't important when three quarters of my people can't even afford food. Sort out poverty first, get everyone stable and then work out the niches of which surgery practice requires more upper class, educated, well paid workers to earn more money onto of the thousands they already have.