32. A Speech to Remember

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚"If I didn't know you I'd say you were making a threat

。・:*:・゚"If I didn't know you I'd say you were making a threat." ・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"I would like to welcome you all to our biannual council meeting. The first of this political session," Queen Luna proclaims from her seat at the head of the long table in the woodland themed dining room. Terra did a good job. I zone out for the rest of her speech, it's the same one she twists and changes slightly every political event. "-as I am sure you are aware, the burned ones sightings have been rapidly increasing and I wish to reassure you all that we are not approaching a second war despite what the rumours suggest."

"Yet the reports would suggest otherwise." The treasury's minister retorts, from the other end of the long table where he is sat next to Irene.

"The reports show sightings, not numbers." Lýkos interrupts, staring him down.

"So you're saying you don't know." The health care minister arches an eyebrow, her nymph eyes narrowing.

"I'm saying we need more information." Lýkos answers.

The ministers all shift at the implication of action. Helios, must they really fear doing something so much. I glance at Queen Luna from my place on her left, Stella sits on her right with general Lýkos on her right. Beatrix is on my left in place of the education minister.

"How do you propose we do that?" The treasury minister mocks, "Who will pay for it, who shall lead it, who will carry out. Do you even have a plan?"

Rumbling and protests break out among the table, noise clamouring through the hall. Even the guards and advisors lining the walls against the columns seem to be stepping closer in concern.

"Enough!" Luna calls, silencing the crowd, "The discussions can wait till the morrow. For now, we shall enjoy each other's company and be grateful for peace in a world where it is not common."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I wonder if I could crowd surf on them." Lýkos wonders and I begin to chuckle at his words, "What? Look at them down there, they're packed like sardines."

I grin and glance past him to the sea of student still happily dancing away. It was a nice surprise for them all, being given a free night of fun. I wonder what the Queen is going to ask of them in cost. She only ever butters people up when she's going to implement some new regime that they disagree with.

"The specialist might carry you around, but I fear you will lose all god like reverence to them." Stella jokes as she strides to my side on the upper floors of the east wing courtyard, "That dinner was awkward to the extreme."