81. Alliances

。・:*:・゚★,"You were Rosalind's little pets."。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"No one is going to get in my way

。・:*:・゚★,"No one is going to get in my way."。・:*:・゚☆

Sky

She looks so peaceful, so calm. There's no damage to her body and skin. If I didn't know better I would say she's sleeping. Just resting her eyes before gearing up to berate me for kissing Tavi in her presence and grossing her out, or dragging my by the ear to the lab because she needs a test subject to work with or her little history rants.

Beatrix still rests in dad's arms. He hasn't moved, even when Silva came and leant against him, murmuring words of comfort that go unheard in his grief.

Tell Octa that I have things covered here. I state, even as my eyes burn and my throat clogs up. Tell her whatever she has planned, that I am here and will support her no matter what.

You're allowed to grieve too, young one. Fenriz whispers and I shake my head.

I can grieve later, they need me now.

Indeed, Andreas seems to be coming out of his shock, Trembles over taking his body as he refuses to let Bea go even as Saul promises to hold her for him.

"You asked me-" He whispers, voice hoarse as though he had been screaming. "Asked me what I wanted to name our Omada."

I pause. I hadn't realised that Silva wanted Andreas to be the one to name and claim our family but it makes sense. Andreas has fought so hard for us, not just for us but to make himself a better male. One he thinks deserves a family.

"I want to name us Kataigída." He states, voice trembling. "After my little storm."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

I storm through the hallways, rage building as I walk through the survivors of the attack. They look better, healed, but I can see the needle mark prick in their skin and a quick glance confirms Miss Whitlock drawing their blood.

She's claiming to look for a Burned One infection of the blood.

Claims that the exposure to so much of their blood and guts can sometimes get in our systems and poison us.

It's a smart lie, close enough to believable that no one will question it.

But it would seem that Rosalind has wasted no time in putting her plan into action to find those two Dumaris of pure blood and the potential fairy experiment that Beatrix found a few weeks ago. She'll be disappointed to find that Dolos is dead and the other two gone. It was a bit of an extra step to get Dane and Musa out of the way with Irene. Even more dangerous to hide them together but we couldn't risk Rosalind getting her hands on them.

Rosalind is practically turning Alfea into the next Aster Dell. I freeze. The next Aster Dell. Her next science experiment. He has to be here. He has to. Because Beatrix, my fucking sister, isn't staying dead. She's coming back whether people like it or not. No matter who I have to kill, threaten or align myself with.

I find him tending to some of the wounded, Blood Witches my shadows whisper and I smirk in delight. That makes this all so much easier.

"Sebastian?" I question, already knowing the answer as the man rises to his feet.

He's not particularly of any interest, nothing distinguishing about him, just an average man who was going about his everyday life when the attack happened. Except he isn't your average male and he wasn't going about his business as normal.

"Can we talk?" I politely ask, smiling to his kin watching me cautiously. "You're a key figure in the community and I was hoping for your help in rallying morale and care."

"Of course." He smiles and I can see the hesitance die in his eyes even as suspicions rise.

We walk in silence, offering words of comfort to the people we pass until we reach the secluded walkway above the courtyard. Even then I wait for him to speak, power play at its finest, learned from my mother.

"So what can I help you with Princess Octavia." He arches a brow as though he expects me to be impressed by his knowledge.

"My shadows tell me many things, Sebastian Valtor." I muse and he tenses at my words. "Interesting plans and plots for equal rights that I have left untended because if we're being honest - and I would like to think that we are - I believe all people of Solaria should be considered equal."

I tsk, as though plagued by troubled thoughts.

"But this little plan of yours to bring back the population of Aster Dell." I look at him now, facing him head on as the blood drains from his face. "That's a step too far. The balance required by nature won't allow it with your current plans."

"If you think that I will be stopped by-" He grinds out, eyes flashing as he attempts to contain me only to find Rosalind's experiments have made me impervious to his power. "What are you?"

I tilt my head, staring at the male curiously as he looks at me in horror.

"I am a citizen of Aster Dell." And he reels back in shock, frowning as rage flickers across his face at my bald faced lie. I roll my eyes. "Or rather I was an experiment. Along with my sister."

"You were Rosalind's little pets." He states agape, looking at me as though I'm a miracle. "She would crow about you for days on end, your power and abilities."

I wait as a new understanding dawns in his eyes.

"There were five of you." He whispers and I pause, "the three sisters, powerful beyond compare when used as a triarii. A dragon flame turned changeling and the shadow."

Beatrix had sisters. Of course, how could I have forgotten. They will be useful support in getting Beatrix back if I remember correctly how loyal the three of them were as toddlers if Rosalind's reports are to be believed.

"You said with my current plan." He tilts his head, looking at me curiously. "You want to propose a different plan... why?"

"Why do you think?" I murmur, allowing the grief to shine in my eyes. He nods silently, my sorrows reflected in his own eyes for a moment. We remain bowed in our grief for a long moment, both of us thinking back to what we have lost. Sebastian sighs sharply, closing his eyes briefly before straightening up. He regains his composure so that he can no doubt look at me from an objective stance rather than a person he can relate to.

"I'm not going to trust you instantly."

"I don't expect you to."

"But with your power, and that of the Dragon flame." He begins, hope alight in his eyes. "We could do it. Really do it, I mean. Bring them back, all of them."

"At a cost." I state, arching my brows at him as he frowns. "A life for a life."

He pauses and I watch in curiosity as darkness flickers across his face. A rage that has cooled and hardened over decades forming in his eyes and I don't bother to hide my smirk.

"Are you willing to kill that many people, princess?" He whispers, voice dark as he looks at me with interest, mouth open slightly as he finds his anger mirrored in my smile that is more of a baring of teeth and canines.

I tilt my head, allowing the shadows to wreath my palm as I raise my hand up for inspection.

"I want my sister," I take my gaze from my shadows to find him staring at me openly in desire of my power. "No one is going to get in my way."

A/N: Is that a suitable enough plot line to bring Beatrix back for you all???