76. The Battle

。・:*:・゚★,。・"When have you ever liked nice and romantic things?"・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。Push past that. When you fear the drop, that's exactly when you jump.・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"Yes, I suppose it was." Andreas seems to mull over his words and I hesitantly look at Silva and freeze at the hesitant hope and disbelief in his eyes. "So how long exactly have you been panting after my mate's cock?"

I freeze at Andreas' words, not daring to breathe as the obvious kicks me in the face. Of course, it makes perfect fucking sense. He was friends with Irene, not mates, and he and Silva drifted apart during the war. Oh sweet Apollo I have been so stupid and blind.

Silva gapes at Andreas not bothering to hide his shock and relief, though the blush adorning his face negates the obvious annoyance in his arched brows.

"Are you serious?" Silva demands, "20 years of being bestfriends, comrades and me raising your son and all get is 'HoW LoNg HaVe YoU bEen LusTinG aFteR mY mAtEs' COCK!'"

"I actually said panting-"

"That's not the point!" Silva huffs, hands on hips as they both ignore a completely horrified and shocked Dowling. "You just wanted to do the whole protective alpha male claiming bullshit instead of something nice and romantic."

"When have you ever liked nice and romantic things?" Andreas grips, crossing his arms in offence.

"Well Irene and I-"

"Ugh." Andreas throws his hands up. "Don't bring Irene into this."

"Oh I'm sorry that we were adults and got together in a normal, nice-"

"She made you wait the entirety of the war, disappeared in her grief - like I did- and Sky's 9th Birthday party. Which means I can at least say I didn't bastardise our child's birthday by making it about our relationship."

"It was a family moment!" Silva cries and I can see the frustration draining away from them both as they stare at each other with love in their eyes. "We're really doing this then."

"If you'll have me." Andreas states quietly and I turn away at the vulnerability in eyes.

"Of course I'll have you, you bloody idiot. Irene has been nagging at me non-stop about talking to you. "

"Funnily enough, she's been doing something similar to me."

"Could you do it?" Silva whispers and I slowly step away, tugging Riven with me as their conversation turns personal enough that even Dowling steps back. "Be with Irene in a relationship when the two of you aren't in love."

"I do love her." Andreas murmurs, their voices getting quieter and quieter. "I don't think I love her like that, but she is my best friend and I could build a life, home and family with her. With you."