57. Pizza night

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ I'm starting to think this dinner was an excuse to draw battle lines

。・:*:・゚★ I'm starting to think this dinner was an excuse to draw battle lines. :*:・゚☆

Riven

There's some kind of sports game playing in the background and I can hear the cheers drift through the warm room. An extension charm has clearly been used, the large sitting room being the first thing we see and the blue, green and silver colour theme just screams Irene and Silva.

Throws, cushions and other handmade nicknacks and accessories litter the room, making the otherwise cold colours spring to life with memory and meaning. Pictures of days at the beach, Sky's first day at school and countless other events have been carefully placed along the length of the wall opposite us.

To the left sliding doors have been pulled back to reveal a bustling kitchen with Silva fluttering around with a tea towel over his shoulder and slight smell of burning permeating the room.

"Oh for Helios' sake, Saul." Andreas moans. "It's pizza, it tells you on the box how long to cook it for."

Silva doesn't deign to reply and merely points a salad spoon at Andreas threateningly. It would be a rather comical sight had I not seem him throw object ranging from pencils, bananas and books to plantpots and chairs across the classroom when Dowling was stupid enough to assign him classroom days instead of field work.

The chair incident changed her mind.

I smirk slightly at the thought watching in silence as Terra and Sam greet Silva before settling on the plush sofas to watch the sporting game. Well, Sam watches and Terra awkwardly hangs around the door to the kitchen next to her father as he converses with Dowling near Andreas who now pesters Silva in the kitchen about cooking.

Helios, this is going to be awkward.

Pixie seems to be frozen beneath my arm curled around her shoulder. Mercifully, Sky stands in front of her, blocking the other's view of both of our panic.

Because I am most definitely panicking.

Everything here screams family and home and love. From the pictures on the wall to Sky's handmade pottery on the coffee table from when he was a kid. It's so strange to be in an actual home again, not just a house.

We had this once, my family and I.

I can practically see Olivia now, running through the room, begging Sky for a piggy back ride, picking the mushrooms off the pizza, maybe even pleading with Silva and Saul for a story before bed from their travels.

I feel a hand brush mine and I freeze when I realise that Octavia has gone to converse with a newly arrived Beatrix and a trailing Stella which means-

"You okay?" He murmurs and I tremble slightly at Sky's voice.