22. Public Appearances

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ I r e n e    S i l v a 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Riven

"We come to you live with footage from the Kástano ball." The nymph reporter's voice trills in the background as I walk past one of the mounted screens in the dining room. "Behind me, you can see the Royal family of Solaria arriving."

I glance back at the screen before grabbing a tray of food from a first year specialist, grinning at him when he feebly protests before turning back to get another tray of roast dinner from Doris the Lunch lady.

"Queen Luna is accompanied by her twin daughters Princess Stella and Princess Octavia,"

On the screen Octavia exits the car with confident grace behind her sister, the two pausing to stand for photographs as their mother continues down the carpet. I quickly take a seat on top of an empty table with a good view of the tv, munching on my chicken as reporters fire questions at the twins.

"Octavia! Octavia!"

"Princess, how is life at Alfea?"

"What is your response to the rumours of you finding the dead shepherd?"

"Octavia! Look over here!"

Around me chatter starts to build as the specialists trickle in from training, I look around in irritation at the many first years hogging up all the tables. That's not how it works here you little shits. First years get the shitty tables in the corner over there, the second and third years get their pick and the fourth years, well, they're too cool for the cafeteria. Dane and the first year I stole the lunch tray from are creating a ruckus reenacting a training sequence, much to the amusement of the audience in the lunch queue.

"Stella! Who was the girl you attacked?"

"Octavia! Stella! Look over here, look at the camera!"

"Stella! Are you dating Andreas of Eraklyon's son?"

"Octavia! Where did you go on your sabbatical?"

My feet tap roughly against the seat they're resting on as I glare at the reporter through the screen. Have they no shame? Genuinely, they ask anything and everything they think of. I was under the impression this was a political event, I assumed the questions would be more high brow and about politics. Rather than petty gossip and drama. I guess I am kinda curious about where pixie went on her sabbatical but that's because she's one of the few tolerable fairies in this place and therefore the closest thing I have to a friend beside Sky. Not because I'm some sad royalist wannabe fanboy obsessed with the royal's life.

"Oh lay off it Dane!"

Dane has grabbed one of the specialists in a playful head hold as he messes up the blond boy's hair. The two push and scuffle across the dining room floor, a few other specialists joining in till it's practically a rugby scrum. Their hoots and yells echo around, each sound magnified and reverberated until it's deafening.