35. Calm discussions

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★"I've dealt with Burned One, assassins, lost jewels, curses and far worse things

。・:*:・゚★"I've dealt with Burned One, assassins, lost jewels, curses and far worse things. "・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

I've decided that nobody can make coffee like Beatrix can. But maybe that's because she puts whiskey in it. We woke up earlier than the others. I untangled myself from Riven's limbs, shushing him back to sleep when he fussed at the loss of my warmth. Beatrix was surprisingly forced to do the same with my twin who had apparently fallen asleep on top of her last night when she refused to leave with Sky to go back to her dorm.

Sky who left me to check on Bloom. Not that I'm upset about it or anything,

Beatrix and I drink our coffees in silence, having left a note in the kitchen and migrating down to the benches that watch the specialist grounds. We watch Silva in silence as he sets up the training equipment. I wonder where Irene is, she normally helps him. Why is he even setting this up on a weekend?

"How are you feeling?" Bea mutters.

"Empty." I whisper, "free."

She looks at me in silent curiosity as she sips from her mug.

I sigh. "It's like a grounding weight has been lifted from me."

I watch the birds fly through the sky, their wings reflecting some of the early dawn light.

"I feel as though I'm soaring through the sky with only my thoughts." I pause and look back down at the forest. It looks darker today, as if the shadows have retreated from the school.

"Yet I can't pinpoint a single thought. Not properly at least." I confess quietly and steal a glance at an impassive looking Beatrix. "I've lost all tether to reality Bea."

Her eyes glisten as she glances away.

"I know." She whispers, voice clogged with tears, "I'm going to fix this for you, okay."

I nod slowly at her words.

"I'm going to fix this Tavi, Riv is going to help me. We have a plan."

"It's not your responsibility Bea," I whisper, staring at her gratefully even as I protest, "It's not your fault."

"I left you with her." She whispers back, refusing to look at me.

"Bea-"

"No, no." She cuts me off, "We may disagree about Rosalind but you are still my sister... I shouldn't have left you with her."

"What could you have done... hmmm?" I question, nudging her. "She's the Queen."

"I could have done something." She snaps, "I could have done anything. Try at least. Sent a bolt at her heart, burnt the classroom around you so she was forced to leave, taken one of Riven's blades and-"