79. Death

。・:*:・゚★,"How. did. She. die."。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"You killed her

。・:*:・゚★,"You killed her."。・:*:・゚☆

Riven

"No." The word is foreign and distant to my ears, as though it has come from everywhere and nowhere at once. "No- no. Dolos."

Kat. That's Kat's voice.

I turn, slowly spinning in a circle as my eyes track the carnage left behind. The bodies left where they fell. Kat is kneeling over one.

"Dolos, c'mon. Stay awake." I- no, fuck. Not today. Please don't do this today. I lurch forward, stumbling through the blood and gore towards my friends. "Don't close your eyes, just hold on."

I slump to my knees on Dolos' other side and nearly gag at the long deep gashes across his chest. The way his legs are twisted and broken at unnatural angles. Shaking breaths rattle through my chest as I desperately try to put pressure on the wound.

"Dolos. It's me, Riven. We're going to get you some help." I keep my voice level and smooth, doing my best to project calm security as I take in his foggy eyes and barely there consciousness. "Kat and I are going to bind your wound-"

"No. no." He murmurs, frowning and my heart breaks at the fear in his eyes.

"I know, I know buddy. But you have to fight through the pain-"

"I can't leave him." he desperately whispers. "I can't leave him there alone."

"Dolos?" Kat questions, glancing at me in question to his hysteria.

"I can't leave Sam." He babbles, tears streaking down his face as he reaches a hand out to weakly grab at me. "I won't leave him, not again."

"Then we'll fix you up, get you back to-"

"Riven." Kat interrupts, looking at me through bleary eyes. She waits a moment, glancing back down at Dolos before shaking her head at me as she bites her lips to keep in the tear. Oh Helios. Sam- Sam didn't make it. He- we can't- can't tell Dolos. It'll break him and I need him to keep hanging on.

"We're going to fix you up and get you back to your mate, Okay?" Dolos looks at me, clarity clearing his eyes for a moment and tears drip down my face at the overwhelming grief in his eyes.

"I can't feel my legs Riven." He whispers and by gaze darts down the way he is twisted. "The wound on my chest has been bleeding without clotting for a long time."

He knows.

"Don't waste your resources." Dolos whispers, eyes threatening to roll back as Los fights to stay coherent. "My Sam needs me."

I- I can't just. He can't die. I can't let him die without a fight.

"Wouldn't you want to be with Sky." Los whispers and I start to shake. "Wouldn't Octavia want to join you."