26. Breakfast in Bed

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ Map of the Solarian Realm 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"Oh- Kay" I sing, bustling into the infirmary. "I've got waffles, bacon, sausage, egg-"

"Pancakes?" Riv, rasps.

"Pancakes." I lift a plate up in indication. "-and orange Juice, apple juice and water."

Placing the two enchanted heating trays onto a side table in a rather impressive looking acrobatic move that actually covered up my near stumble. I feel a small bubble of anxiety fill my chest but I quickly push it aside in favour of giving a tired Riven a grin.

"Oh." I make a soft noise of realisation. "And a bowl of strawberries."

"But that's for you." Riv murmurs softly, looking up at me with a gentle expression.

"That's for me." I blush, ducking my head down to use my hair as a shield.

"Hmmmm..." Riv mockingly hums.

The covers shift and move as Riv shuffles along the bed, I rush to his side and ignore his muffled statements of being fine in favour of helping him sit up. That tightness is still in my chest so I quickly busy myself fluffing up the pillows and fussing over the covers.

He could get cold or develop an infection. Maybe I should get him an extra pillow so he can sit up better. My hands begin to shake as I sit down on the bedside chair and continue to fuss over Riven's covers, folding, unfolding, then smoothing them out again.

"Pix- Pix" Riv murmurs, lifting his hand up to link his pinkie through mine. "I'm okay."

Taking a ragged breath I look up at Riv through teary eyes.

"Oh Pixie." He coos, clenching his hand.

"I know, I know." I scoff, hastily rubbing at my eyes. "I just got a fright is all."

He hums. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Well I can't handle seeing my friends in pain." I snap and look away, irritation at his lack of care seeping in.

How can he be so flippant about his life? Yes, we're fairies and yes we have healing powers but we are not gods. We don't trifle with life and death. What would have happened if Stella wasn't here. I freeze. What would have- how could-

"So we're friends?" Riv asks, tugging on my pinkie to draw me back to the present, I jerk slightly but look over at him.

His abdomen is wrapped in bandages and I can see bruise cream seeping through. Pale skin peaks through the gaps and I see his upper body littered with scars that has my mouth water in appreciation. Even injured Riv's body is toned and corded with muscles and prominent veins.

"Well if you wanted to see me in bed I would have picked a more convenient location for us." Riv drawls, a grin sliding on his tired face. "Though I'm sure I could make it work here if-"