48. Stella's Ring

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,Fuck Silva and Dowling, Irene is my priority

。・:*:・゚★,Fuck Silva and Dowling, Irene is my priority.*:・゚☆

Stella

"I just heard from Sky that they're moving the Burned One today." I announce as I enter my suite. "I don't know when but it's soon."

Bloom and Musa look up at me in shock from their places on the sofa, while Terra and Aisha appear from one of the bedrooms.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Terra's voice is nervous is rushed, "I saw them all working on something in the Greenhouse, it was char residue which is fascinating because they seemed to be getting different reactions in the tubes-"

"Terra." I cut her off with a forced smile, doing my best to hide my nerves. "Get to the point."

"They were having us distil more Zanbaq." She says slowly, looking between us all. "Lots of Zanbaq, they're expecting a large number of injuries."

"All the more reason to get the ring before it goes wrong." I state.

"I thought Octavia was handling this?" Musa asks, looking between us all hesitantly. "She said she had it covered."

"After what happened?" Bloom demands. "What she did to the General and Minister of Justice."

"No." Aisha interrupts. "I'm sorry but I'm not getting involved with Octavia again."

The others call after her as she quickly grabs her bag, muttering something about getting to class. Terra and Bloom share a concerned look while Musa continues to stare at me.

"What." I snap.

"You look so calm yet you're racked with fear." She states. "Spill."

I roll my eyes but when I look at the girls in front of me I realise I'm not getting out of this one so easily.

"Fine." I concede, "That ring in our possession would stop Octavia and my mother from using it to move troops."

"Why would you want to stop them moving troops?" Terra asks confused.

"Because I love my family." I snap and freeze when I realise my tone was too harsh.

Sighing heavily as I sit down I begin to wonder where it all went wrong for us.

"My mother would use the ring to move her troops to safety. She'd go on the defensive and wait for the Burned Ones to be on her doorstep before attacking." I toy with one of the rings on my finger. "My sister would go on the offensive. Use the ring to plan sneak attacks to take out the Burned Ones in small groups. She's strike before they could mobilise."

"But- they are both trained in defence, shouldn't-"

"They feed off of each other." My voice is gentle as I interrupt Musa. "Octavia gets more aggressive to compensate for my mother's mercy. While my mother fears the repercussions of my sister's actions and does her best to keep everyone on good terms to minimise the fallout."