73. Escape

。・:*:・゚★,"I don't like him being in danger, I think you understand the feeling."*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"What you are, Aisha, is petty

。・:*:・゚★,"What you are, Aisha, is petty."*:・゚☆

Stella

This is the most stressful situation I have ever been in, in my entire life.

This is hell. I have died, been punished for my sins and gone to hell. But I'm not telling anyone that because I'm the fucking princess, next in line for the throne and all of these are looking at me for orders. Mercifully they are all skilled and well trained but I'm apparently the only one with pure healing magic so I keep getting sent the-

The male screams beneath my glowing hands and I flinch back, trying not to look at the twisted sight of burned flesh, charred blood and missing limbs.

"Hold him down." I ordered. "I've nearly got the last of the shrapnel."

Helios I want to be sick. The air barrier to stop the smell of rotting and burned flesh doesn't change the fact I can see it. That I can feel layers of skin peeling off whenever I touch. I work as quickly as I can, using tweezers, magic and a scalpel to pick out the largest pieces of metal. We don't have time to do a perfect job.

"Alright, I've got it." I state calmly. "Take him to Terra to be wrapped."

I don't know what I would do without Terra. She's got the burn care covered, putting on salve, wrapping the wound and hydrating the body. She's a one woman army in her section.

"Beatrix." I call, voice raised but never a shout. Healers don't shout and there's no running here, not even to save a patient since we have to prioritise. I haven't dared to look over at the black tags yet. I knew people from the village, I had friends there and all of these people are my citizens. I can't bear to see their faces.

"What do you need?" Beatrix asks as she helps be clear of the makeshift surgery table I'm working at.

"The green tag villagers are getting antsy, some are getting upset and pent up magic..." I trail off and Beatrix nods in understanding. We can't afford runaway magic today. "We need more salve, bandages, Hygieia potions and we need to set up beds."

"I'll get them to help. Idle hands do Oizys work." Beatrix states. "I'll inform Irene."

Beatrix hesitates, eyes flickering as she stares at me. There's an emotion in her eyes that I don't- well I do recognise it. I swallow heavily, giving her a tight smile before striding away. I need a break. I deserve a fucking break.

I need a break, i need to see Brandon and Aisha and Musa and Terra and this all needs to be some fucked up dream.

"Stella?" I look up at the sound of Musa's voice. I don't remember the walk to outshed but here I stand. Aisha and Musa are in one cage thing and Brandon is in another. "Are you okay? You feel... off."