"Lazy Sunday"

"You're telling me Hotch is a boxers guy? He always struck me as a briefs type of man."

"Me too, Jayje," Emily giggled.

"Looks like I owe Morgan ten bucks," she sighed on the other end of the telephone line.

"You guys place bets on what type of underwear he wears?"

Footsteps from behind the couch Emily was sitting in could be heard, and she knew she'd been caught.

"Em, if you're talking about-"

"No, we're not," she said quickly, turning her head to see her boss and adoring boyfriend behind the couch, dressed only in boxers and miss matched socks. The same socks she'd bought for him. "It's a work call."

"Sure it is," he muttered sarcastically, taking his leave and walking into the kitchen to make breakfast for the two of them.

"So I take it you two have some time alone today?" JJ asked, and Emily could picture her friend's smirk in her mind.

"Jack is at a friend's for a while. We have a few hours."

"Ooh, so I should hang up then. It's coffee skipping Sunday, Em. Maybe you can convince him to give us another day off."

"Jen, I'm hanging up on you now," Emily said, irritated with her best friend.

"Okay, okay, I see how it is. If you see Morgan later tell him to come find me. Tell him it's time to pay up."

"I'm not going to tell him that," Emily said before clicking the line off.

She smiled to herself as she walked into the kitchen and found a half naked Aaron Hotchner standing in front of the sink, sipping coffee and gazing out of a window.

"Nice socks," she grinned and moved behind him, pressing a kiss to his bare shoulder. "I bet the neighbors are enjoying the view."

He glanced down at his bare chest and then at her. "Let's give them an even better one," he said with a smirk, looping his arms around her while she laughed quietly.

She ran her hand over his chest softly, lingering for a moment on each scar. Most were small now. The scars from Foyet's initial attack were barely visible years later, and now could be noticeably separated from his other, more recent wounds.

"What?" he asked, bringing his head down to meet her eyes. He wondered why she was staring; she saw his scars regularly.

"Nothing," she said, then pressed a kiss to his lips. "Breakfast?"

He smiled slowly. Neither of them really wanted to spend their alone time together cooking. "How about dessert?"

Her lips curled into a smile. "I like your thinking." She attempted to latch lips once more, but was stopped by his thumb running over her lips.

"What were you and JJ talking about?" he whispered, still eager to know the answer.

"Your underwear." She laughed at her own words, which she knew drove him mad not knowing the context of the joke.

"Emily Elizabeth Prentiss," he growled in that low voice of his, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I must be in trouble if you're middle naming me, sir."

It took all of his control not to react to her calling him sir. Whether he reacted or not, she knew how it turned him on; letting him know that he was in control.

Aaron captured her mouth once more, this time for a more passionate kiss that Emily quickly turned into a game of tongue tag, just to tease him.

With an annoyed grunt, he pushed her against the counter, earning a gasp from her. "I'm going to lock you in our bedroom and never let you out of that bed," he growled into her ear, his voice low.

"Prove it," she purred, biting his bottom lip softly.

Just as Aaron began to pick her up from the back of her legs, there was a knock on the door.

"I thought Jack wasn't supposed to be home for another hour?" Emily said as he back away reluctantly.

They both glanced at the clock just above the stove. It read ten o'five.

"Time flies when you're having fun," he teased.

"Yeah, well I didn't even get to have any fun," she complained in response to his comment.

"I'll make it up to you later."

"Good. Now go put some clothes on," she laughed. As he shook his head and began to turn away from her, she shamelessly smacked his ass.

"Hey," he spun around quickly and waved his finger before she shooed him upstairs and went to get the door.

XXX

Emily and Aaron took Jack to a park once he came home, then went to go get ice cream as well. Emily thought it was sweet of Aaron to do this, but also knew that every time he saw his son, he had to overcompensate for the time he was away from him.

Still, she loved watching Jack's face light up as he chose his favorite flavor of ice cream, superman, while his dad chose mint chocolate chip.

In her opinion, he chose the worst kind of ice cream. But that's the thing about mint ice cream; you either love it or you hate it. She just so happened to be a person who hates it. Emily stuck to the basics. Chocolate or cookies and cream was always her go-to.

If there was one thing all three of them could bond over, it was their burning hatred towards cookie dough ice cream, AKA, JJ and Henry's favorite.

By the time their day was finished, Jack was exhausted, and although neither would admit it, Aaron and Emily were just as tired. After putting Jack to bed, both of them put a movie on TV, challenging the other by refusing to fall asleep.

"Oh," Emily flinched as Sergio jumped up on her lap unexpectedly from beside the couch. He quickly made himself at home by settling into her lap and purring obnoxiously loud.

"He sure has made himself at home since you moved in," Aaron observed, forcing back a yawn.

"He likes it here."

"He still doesn't like me."

Emily placed a hand on his thigh almost as though to stabilize herself as she yawned, refuting to hold her exhaustion back any longer. "That's because you haven't given him a chance."

Aaron scoffed, and a mischievous smirk spread over Emily's face as she picked up the cat and placed him in her boyfriend's lap. He hesitated at first, afraid that the cat would try to scratch him once more.

Sergio didn't, however. He hesitated also, but then nestled into his lap and closed his bright green eyes, completely at ease.

"See? He doesn't hate you." Emily smiled as he draped one arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer to his body.

"He's just being nice in front of you."

"Oh really?" she laughed, "because I think you have a soft spot for him," she said, leaning up to place a kiss on his cheek.

"No I don't. I hate cats."

"So that's why you talk to him in a baby voice around the house in the morning."

He tried his hardest to contain his smile, but his attempts failed and a grin was quickly plastered onto his face. "Sometimes I wish you weren't a profiler."

"Profiling has nothing to do with it, cinnamon."

"Stop calling me that."

She smiled to herself. She wasn't going to stop calling him that. At least, not in private. He didn't like to admit that he had a soft spot for Emily, even if everyone knew it was true. He always had. He just couldn't convey his feelings well. It took a woman like Emily to understand what he felt, even when he couldn't express it.