"Ugly Sweaters"

It's been three weeks since Aaron's injury, and he's finally getting used to walking around normally again.

With Christmas right around the corner, it was time for the BAU's annual ugly sweater contest. It wasn't exactly a staple yet, since Penelope decided to start the contest only three years ago, and won the first two.

Last year, Morgan won with his light up Christmas tree sweater.

Aaron didn't usually partake in these sorts of things, but this year Emily practically forced it upon him.

XXX

"Em, I told you, I don't want to do this. I'm just going to make a fool out of myself in front of everyone I work with."

"You already make a fool of yourself in front of me. What's so different?"

"Seriously?" He let her into his house with a frown. She was carrying two blank red sweaters and a bag of craft supplies.

She set all of the stuff down on his table and held his sweater up to his chest. "This will fit you, right? I wasn't sure what size to get, since the shirt I stole from you was small."

"The what?"

"Yeah, I think it will." She said quickly, then laid the sweaters out on the table. "Isn't Jack here?" She asked, looking around his house.

"He's upstairs. I'm not supposed to say anything. . ." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "But he's making you a Christmas gift."

Emily gasped with a grin.

"You didn't hear it from me." He smiled slightly. "So what are we doing here?"

"Making sweaters. I thought you were a profiler. Where can I plug this hot glue gun in?"

"Over there." He gestures towards an outlet in the war near the table, then looked back at the craft supplies. "Glitter? I hate glitter."

"I know you do. Unfortunately, I plan on beating Derek and Penelope this year, and glitter is an essential part of doing so."

When they finally got started, Aaron wasn't really sure what to do with his sweater.

"It already has a reindeer on it. Isn't that enough?"

"No. Here, let me help you." She laughed and took out two miniature presents from a plastic bag. She put some hot glue on them and stuck them to his sweater, right above the chest area on either side.

Hotch didn't notice what she did until minutes after the glue had dried to the cloth. He was too busy trying to untangle a strand of tinsel.

She put them directly over where his nipples would be on the sweater.

"Emily Prentiss!" He exclaimed when he saw this.

She started laughing uncontrollably. "I wouldn't be too worried about making a fool of yourself now."

He sighed heavily and looked down at the sweater shaking his head. "You act like a child sometimes. D'you know that?"

"But you love me anyways." She giggled and glued a small bell to her sweater.

Aaron looked up at her. Did she just say what he thought she said? She looked up at him just a moment later, practically dropping what was in her hands.

"Yeah, I do." He said in that low voice of his.

Emily smiled softly. "I love you too."

They we interrupted by footsteps coming quickly down the stairs.