"Teasing"

Camping was a success for the team. Really, they didn't need team building activities to bring them any closer than they already were, but when the opportunity came along, who was going to reject it?

"Up, up! Let's go!" a cheerful Emily called to Hotch, who was laying peacefully in bed. "You said you would go on a run with me!"

Letting out a groan, Aaron rolled over onto his side, pulling the covers over his shoulders. "No," he grumbled into the pillow.

Emily opened his dresser drawer and began rummaging through it. "You need a brighter wardrobe," she mumbled, throwing him a t-shirt and shorts.

Another grumble as he hid himself from the light that poured through the curtains as she took the liberty of opening them.

"-and a brighter attitude. Come on." She pulled down the comforter, revealing a tired looking Aaron Hotchner in only a white tank and blue boxers.

That seemed to wake him up.

After eventually accepting his inevitable fate, he caved to her and decided to go on the run. He drove them to the park where they normally ran, usually twice or tree times around, depending on how ambitious they were feeling that morning. Sometimes they met Morgan at the park as well, if he wasn't teaching a training program or occupied at some type of target practice or weight lifting.

"Loser buys breakfast?" Emily suggested, stretching out her legs as he leaned to tie his shoe.

"What if I don't want to race?"

"Then you're buying me breakfast."

"Hmm. Fine, but winner can't buy the whole menu," he added, standing back up.

Emily shrugged. "Deal. Twice around, meet back at the car. No cheating, or I will be ordering the whole menu."

"Oh, you think you're going to win?"

"Let's face it, these runs are getting hard on those old joints of yours, Hotchner."

He raised his eyebrows. "Wow, alright, I see how it is. I hope you like losing."

"In your dreams," she muttered as he stood beside her, a look of determination in his eyes. "Three, two, one," she paused for a brief second, "Go!"

They both took off running, Aaron ahead on Emily for most of the first minute. Just when he thought he had a good lead, she jogged up beside him, shooting him a teasing grin. "You're gonna have to run a lot faster than that to beat me, you turtle."

"What did you just call me?" he asked breathlessly, increasing his pace to catch her.

He chased her down the path and through the narrow trail cut out through the woods, adrenaline pumping. Emily was faster than he expected. He found that out quickly, but she only seemed to be faster every time they ran together. However, he could tell that she was beginning to lose stamina.

As soon as she did, starting the second lap, she felt Aaron creep up behind her and pass her, laughing under his breath as he did so.

Sometimes she hated that man.

Emily tried her best the entire second lap to catch up with him, falling only about a foot behind him throughout the entire second half.

The only way she would win this now was if she played dirty.

"Aaron! Oh my god!" Emily exclaimed, stopping in her tracks, only for him to do the same. He spun around and looked to where her finger was pointing at the ditch. "Look at that snake! It's twice the size of Sergio!"

"What?" He stepped closer towards the side of the trail, out of breath.

Emily carefully stepped around him, then hit his shoulder quickly before taking off once more. "Gotcha!"

Just as he expected after that incident, Aaron lost the race to her. She found a bench near his car and sat down, still amused with herself.

"Haha," he mimicked her voice, annoyed with her childish behavior. "You cheated."

"You believed it. There could have been a snake there."

"Yeah, but there wasn't," he responded, sitting down beside the brunette woman.

"There could have been a rainbow dinosaur in that ditch and you still would have lost."

"You're getting cocky," he grinned, "you know, I think Morgan needs a training buddy. . ."

Emily poked his side. "That's perfect! Maybe he could teach you a thing or two!"

"That's not what I-" he shook his head. "Nevermind. Let's go eat."