"Building/fixing something"

It was around that awkward time of year in Virginia when winter was leaning into spring ever so slowly. Just when Emily thought it was warm enough to wear something thinner, the temperature would drop once more.

XXX

After a long day of paperwork at the BAU and sharing stolen glances with Emily through his window, he wanted nothing more than to see her that night, especially since it was Friday, after all.

They didn't actually have plans for that night, but Jack was at a friend's house spending the night, so Aaron had a full twelve hours to himself. He didn't have the chance to ask her if she was doing anything that night before Emily left the office for the day.

XXX

Emily fought the urge to dial his number while she sat on her couch. Was she becoming dependent on Aaron whenever she wanted to be with someone? Sure, they were dating, but they also worked together every day, and were both profilers. Emily couldn't help but think that something seemed off about that equation.

She looked from her couch to the small, wooden end table beside her. A leg had broken off about two weeks ago, and she hadn't bothered to put it back on properly since then.

She face lit up with an idea. The next thing she knew, she was dialing Aaron's number on her phone.

"Hey, Em," he answered quickly.

"Hey, are you with Jack right now?"

"No, he's at a friend's for the night," he responded slowly.

"Do you think you could stop by and help me fix this broken table? A leg fell off and I'm not quite sure how to reattach it," she explained.

"I'll be there in ten.

Emily didn't expect him to agree so quickly. If she had known that Jack wasn't there, she probably would have invited herself over to his house by now.

Seven minutes later, there was a knock on her front door. She opened the front door of her apartment to see him in a simple grey collared shirt and jeans.

She was wearing just about the same outfit, but instead of a t-shirt, her skinny jeans were paired with a maroon sweater.

"Hey, come on in," she told him right before he leaned in for a kiss. It wasn't a kiss one would usually use to greet people with. This one was more demanding. Emily smiled against his lips.

"What?" he asked quietly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You didn't just come over to fix the table, did you?"

"What are you implying? That I, your boss, would suggest something less than professional of my subordinate?"

Emily shrugged. "I guess we'll find out later, won't we?"

Aaron followed her into the living room and spotted the table. He hated when she teased him, but yet he loved it at the same time all the same. "What do you need me to do?"

"Reattach this leg. I tried to do it myself, but it's still wobbly," she explained picking it up and flipping it over.

Aaron took it from her hands and examined it. "How are you expecting me to do this? With some Elmers glue and duct tape?"

"I have some nails and a hammer?" Emily smiled slightly. "I'll go get them."

"I'll go with you," he said, following her into the kitchen as she opened a drawer.

When he spotted the box of nails inside of the drawer, he slid his arms under hers to grab them, slowly moving his arm away again.

Emily felt his warm breath on her neck and gasped quietly.

"Where's the hammer?" he breathed into her ear, sending a tingling sensation down her neck. Of course, he knew what he was doing. When it came to turning Emily on, Aaron was experienced.

In your pants, she thought silently. She cleared her throat and closed the drawer. "Can't find it."

"Looks like I'm going to have to finish this project another day."

She looked up into his hungry eyes and smirked. "Why? Do you have other plans?"

Aaron put the box on the kitchen island without taking his eyes off of her.

"Actually, now that I think of it, I believe my bed was actually having some problems last night. . ."

"You better invite me back soon in that case," he said, his face only inches from hers.

"Why's that?"

"Because it's going to be broken after tonight."

"Aaron!" Emily screamed, half of her words being muffled by his lips on hers. She kissed him back, until both of their tongues were fighting for dominance and his hands were traveling around her body.

He pulled back for air and watched a grin spread across her face.

"First one to the bedroom is on top!" she laughed and took off down the hall.

Aaron chased after her and grabbed her by the waist, just as she grabbed the door knob. "Not today," he growled, holding her back as he opened the door and stumbled inside of her room.

Before he had the chance to react, Emily pushed him down onto her bed. "Gotcha," she said, satisfied.

He fought her grip and quickly flipped them over, asserting his dominance by straddling her on top of the covers. "You sure about that?"

She tried and failed to fight back, but eventually accepted her defeat.