"Movie Night"

Emily woke up snuggled against her faithful black cat, Sergio in bed on Sunday morning. She assumed it was around eight, judging by the amount of sunlight in her bedroom.

Lucky for her, she had the day off. She'd been waiting for a day of relaxation all week, after solving three cases within the time span of eleven days.

Forcing herself to get out of bed, she walked to the kitchen where she immediately put a pot of coffee on. She hadn't been in her apartment, at least not to use anything but her bed to sleep in, before returning to her work the next day.

Emily grabbed her full mug of coffee and walked to the open the curtains beside her L shaped couch.

As soon as she did this, the rising morning sun filled her eyes. She took a moment to bask in the warmth, before deciding on what it was she would do that day. Her ideal idea at the moment was curling up to movie in the couch, eating snacks in a hoodie and sweats.

Before her dream could become a reality, however, she remembered how badly she needed groceries. She was also planning on dropping in on her mother whenever she had the chance, so she figured today was the perfect opportunity.

XXX

Aaron decided to spend the day with his son. He, just as Emily and the rest of the team, was more than ready for a day away from work. He was surprised when Strauss agreed to give them a day to themselves, even suggesting that they take more time than a single day.

He decided to take Jack to get ice cream and go to a park around noon.

While watching his son make friends on the colorful equipment, he decided to call Emily.

Her phone rang a few times before she picked up. Prior to calling her, he didn't know anything about what she was planning on doing today.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Em," he smiled, sitting down on a bench near where Jack was playing. "Just wanted to see how you're doing."

"Well, I'm on my way home from my mother's place," she responded with a sigh.

"How did that go?"

"Let's just say there's a reason why I don't visit her more than fives times a month."

Aaron chuckled.

"What about you? What are you up to?"

"I'm spending time with Jack today. We are at a park right now, and he's already made about four new friends," He said with a smile, squinting at the children surrounding Jack.

"Doesn't surprise me."

"What are you doing later?" he asked her suddenly. Before giving her the chance to respond, he continued. "If you're free, I'd like to see you."

"You sound like my boss," Emily remarked sarcastically.

"Oh yeah?" Aaron smiled, refusing to take his eyes off of his son while he held the phone to his ear.

"Yeah, you might know him. He's a real hard ass sometimes. Type of guy that chokes himself with a tie every day."

"Ouch," Aaron acted hurt by her words. "So is that a yes? We can get dinner."

"Sure, but I'm not going out."

"Okay," he laughed. "I'll see you later, then."

"Bye."

XXX

There was a knock on Emily's door at about six. She'd lost track of time after starting a Russian crime show and curling up in a blanket on the couch.

When Emily opened her front door, she was greeted by Jack's arms around her lower half. "Woah, hey bud," she smiled, rubbing his back soothingly.

"Hi, Emmy. I've never been in your house before," he said, scanning her apartment.

"Then I'll just have to give you the grand tour," Emily responded, looking up at Aaron. "Jeans? Really?" she sighed, looking over his attire.

Aaron scoffed as he closed the door behind him. She was wearing an oversized FBI hoodie and sweatpants, paired with mismatched, colorful socks. "What, do you expect me to wear nothing?"

Emily looked behind over her shoulder to make sure Jack was out of earshot. "That's preferable, yes."

The man raised an eyebrow towards her, before walking further into the room and gesturing towards her tv screen. "You were watching this?"

Emily watched the characters on the screen speaking a language she quickly realized was foreign to her boyfriend. "It's a good show. Sometimes I wish you knew Russian."

"The day I learn Russian is the day I show up at your place with no pants on."

"Ooh, I get both?" Emily grinned, turning off her television.

"No." Aaron crossed his arms, watching as Jack walked towards them.

"Dad, I'm hungry."

"Alright bud, how about pizza?"

"Pizza!" Jack exclaimed, clearly approving.

"How about you?" Aaron looked at the woman beside him.

"Pizza!" Emily responded with just as much enthusiasm as the boy.

XXX

They ordered dinner shortly after this. Aaron insisted to pay, despite Emily's best efforts. After they ate their pizza, the three of them played five games of "go fish" just for Jack.

It was clear that the boy was overjoyed to have his dad all to himself for a full day. It was just an added bonus for him to spend time with Emily.

After this, Jack convinced Emily to let him watch Home Alone, which had been his favorite movie ever since Christmas.

The boy was nestled comfortably between his father and Emily, all of them covered by the same blanket.

They were only about half way through the movie when Jack began to grow tired. Between the warmth of the two people beside him, and the blanket covering him, he inevitably dozed off, the voices on the screen becoming distant and muffled.

Emily was getting tired herself, and almost missed his head leaning against her. She let her own head fall to the back of the couch, just beside Aaron's arm in which he had stretched out.

He felt her steady breathing on his hand as he rubbed her cheek softly with his thumb.

She opened her eyes just slightly to see him staring back at her, his eyes filled with affection. "I love you," she mumbled quietly.

"I love you too."

A/N: this is not my best work, so I apologize. I've been busy lately, and I'm falling asleep while proof reading this, becoming unwilling to make any changes. "It's fine."