"Habits"

"Do you think we should wake her up?" JJ asked Reid from outside of Emily's hotel room door.

The team had just finished working a case in Los Angles at one in the morning the previous night, and decided to stay in a hotel overnight. Emily, who was too exhausted to converse with anyone after leaving the police department, decided to go straight back to the hotel and go to bed.

"We probably should. . . the jet leaves in two hours and we still have to get to the airport," Reid agreed, hesitantly turning the door handle.

When the door was open, JJ and Reid spoke in unison. "Time to get up!"

Emily didn't move, but let out a frustrated groan, as did the person beside her.

"Oh," the pair beside the door looked down as a shirtless Hotch sat up in bed. "Good morning, sir," Reid said awkwardly.

"Is there a reason you have a key to Emily's hotel room?" he asked quickly, pulling on the nearest shirt in sight.

"Why are they in my hotel room at six in the morning?" Emily groaned from beside him, still refusing to look up.

Hotch cleared his throat and felt a heat rise in his cheeks, realizing that his coworkers had now seen him shirtless, in bed with his girlfriend. They might as well have walked in on them while they were having sex. 

"Jet leaves in two hours, Hotch," JJ told him, daring to look up at the bed they shared once more. "Come on Reid, let's give them some privacy," she added, leading him out of the room.

The last thing Hotch heard before they left the room was Reid muttering "I'm never listening to you again," under his breath.

"Em," Aaron whispered, ignoring the sun that now poured through the hotel room window. "They're gone," he said, pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

Emily groaned softly into her pillow as she felt his hand move slowly up and down her back. At this point, waking up in bed with him seemed like a routine, and yet, she hasn't gotten tired of it. Aaron made her feel safe and protected every night when she fell asleep in his strong arms. 

She turned over to get a better look at her boyfriend, who was laying beside her with his head held up by his arm. He didn't say anything as he simply gazed into her dark eyes. 

"What?" she asked.

Aaron smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing. Just admiring a view."

Emily tried to read his soft brown eyes, but saw nothing but love in them. She smiled softly. "Don't do that."

"Don't do what?" he asked innocently.

"Don't profile me."

"I'm not profiling you," he said, his eyebrows raised. 

Emily recognized that expression. He had the same puppy dog eyes as his son when he was asking for a cookie or some ice cream. His bedhead just made him look all the more adorable to her, even if she refused to admit it. 

"You're not allowed to profile me, Hotch."

"I'l not profiling you. . . but if I was, I'd say that you're a bit annoyed right now."

Emily laughed and tossed her hair out of her face as Aaron wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "How do you figure?"

"Well, lets see," he whispered into her ear in his low voice, sending shivers down her spine. "For starters, it's six in the morning and you were just woken up by Reid, who's probably been reciting the periodic table since an hour ago."

She laughed as he laid a soft kiss against her neck. 

"And, when you're mad, you always tilt your head to the side, even if it's just a bit, and you give me those eyes."

"Hey," she said, grabbing onto his arms around her. "You do stuff when you're mad, too."

"Yeah?" He pressed another chaste kiss to her skin. "Like what?"

"I'm not going to tell you."

"You're not gonna tell me?" Aaron asked, laughing. "I don't believe you."

Emily smiled. The truth was, there were things that Aaron did that gave away his emotions. For example, he clenched his jaw when he was mad, and rubbed his thumb and pointer finger together whenever he was stressed or irritated in some capacity. 

"I'm not telling you," she repeated, feeling his soft hair brush against her cheek as he kissed his way down her collarbone. 

"I'll get it out of you somehow," he said in a low voice. His sex voice, to be exact. Not even seven in the morning and he was already using his sex voice. 

Oh, if only Aaron knew what that woman was doing to him.