"Getting lost"

*Rewritten*

"You want me to come with you to visit your brother?" Emily asked Aaron as he made breakfast for the two of them. Jack was at Jessica's house for the day, playing with her son and his friend Ethan.

"Yes, he just moved into his new apartment, and he wants to meet you," Aaron replied, flipping over an egg in the pan he was using to fry them.

"You've told Sean about me?"

"He's heard of you, but only after he was bragging about his new girlfriend."

"Oh, so you're bringing me with to brag about me?" Emily asked with a sarcastic chuckle.

"No."  Aaron smiled and shook his head. "Not exactly."

"Not exactly?"

"How do you like your eggs?" he asked, changing the subject entirely.

She moved around the kitchen table and stood near him by the stove. "You know the answer to that question, now answer mine."

"Fine," he agreed, briefly making eye contact with her. "Sean has a hard time maintaining his relationships. Most of them fall out before even a year of dating. I thought, maybe if-"

"-If you could show him what a good thing we have, maybe he would take it into consideration and do the same?"

"Something like that," he said with a smile. "Being my younger brother, Sean has always looked up to me. I figured he could take some notes."

"Oh my, you're cocky," she said, nudging him with her elbow and retrieving two plates from the cupboard above his head. "But I appreciate you thinking about your brother. It's sweet."

XXX

"Aaron, do you know where you're going?" Emily couldn't help but ask as they drove. She could have sworn that she'd seen the same tree nearly three times already.

"He gave me specific directions. . ."

"That's not a valid answer," she sighed, glancing beside her at the man. He was wearing a forest green shirt with a few buttons undone. His blue jeans made him look casual, a look she had grown used to since they started going out. She liked it.

She, herself, was wearing casual clothing as well; a gray sweater and skinny jeans. She straightened her hair that morning, and hung small, golden earrings from her ears as well.

"Just trust me," he said simply, clearly agitated by her doubt in his sense of direction. It was true, he had a bad sense of direction. You'd think years of chasing criminals would change that, but this was not the case.

Five more minutes, and they were now out of town, driving past a small farm and field.

"Maybe you should get a map."

He sighed and shot her a glare before speeding up. She knew he wasn't going to admit that he didn't know where they were going. He was too stubborn. "I don't need a map," he insisted.

She shrugged her shoulders. If they were going to be late, that was on him. "I thought you wanted to make a good impression on him and his girlfriend."

"We will, Emily," he said in a firmer voice, beginning to get irritated by both his lack of knowledge regarding directions, and her constant nagging.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, Emily staring out her window at the countryside as Aaron racked his brain, trying to figure out the way there.

He cleared his throat suddenly. "Could I just-" he reached around her leg for the paper map he kept in his car.

But she held it away from him. "You want to see the map?" She said, a smirk playing on her lips. "I thought you knew where you were going, hotshot."

"Emily," he warned, trying to keep his eyes on the road as he reached to grab it from her hands. She continued to hold it away from him.

"Admit it."

"Admit what?" He was now very annoyed by her childish behavior.

"That I was right. You don't know where you're going."

"I'm not- no. Give me the map, Em, I'm serious."

"Oh, you're serious?" She mocked his deep voice, laughing at his arrogance.

That was the last straw. Hotch pulled the car over onto the side of the road and took both hands off of the steering wheel. He took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts. "Can I have the map, please?"

"No," she said simply. "Not until you say it."

He let out a sigh, then looked into her warm eyes and bright smile. He couldn't help the small smile that came over his face as he put his ands up in surrender. "You're right. I don't know where I'm going," he said finally.

Emily laughed and handed him the map. He grabbed it out of her hands and muttered something under his breath. "What was that?" She asked, still grinning from ear to ear.

"Nothing," he claimed, staring down at the map.

Aaron glanced down at his watch occasionally as they sped the rest of the way, Emily complaining that he was going to get them a speeding ticket. 'They can't give me a speeding ticket, I'm a federal agent,' was his response every time.

When they finally arrived at the cafe they were going to meet Sean and his girlfriend at, they were surprisingly only a few minutes late.

"Now try to act like you don't hate me," he said as he parked the car. "Remember, we're trying to convince him that he should put some effort into his relationship."

"What are you gonna do if I don't? Spank me?" She laughed, opening the door and stepping out of the car.

He shook his head. He was dating a child.

A/N: I love writing them acting like an old married couple, but I feel like Emily would actually be the one to get out of paying a speeding ticket because she says she's in the FBI. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed :)