"Stuck in bed"

*F bomb is dropped in this chapter*

"Woah, look at you," Morgan teased as soon as Emily and Hotch entered the BAU that morning. Emily was carrying a cup of the strongest coffee she could get her hands on, with her hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"Don't start, Morgan," she snapped as Hotch gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before making his way up to his office.

"Somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" JJ asked as she appeared next to Rossi, who was smirking.

"Statistically, waking up on the side of the bed that you don't usually wake up on is actually better for your body than if you'd-" Reid was cut off by the glares of his colleagues. "Nevermind," he mumbled under his breath.

"What's the matter?" Rossi asked in his all-knowing-dad voice.

"I'm getting tunnel vision," Emily responded, pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"Ooh, that's probably the beginning aura of a migraine," Reid replied from his swivel chair, spinning a pen in his hands.

"A migraine? You should go home and go back to bed, Em," JJ said. "I'm sure Hotch would understand."

"Yeah, we're just finishing some reports up today anyway," Morgan added.

Emily took a long, drawn out sip of her coffee and then threw the empty cup into the trash. "I'm fine. I just need to sit down."

"Do you want another cup of coffee? A lot of people who suffer from migraines find that the caffeine soothes the pain of the headache stage, and prevents the vom-"

"No, I need you to shut up," she seethed back at him.

It took everything in Morgan not to laugh at this interaction. "Maybe I should tell Hotch."

"Tell Hotch, and you'll be the next victim we write a report about."

"Tell me what?" Hotch asked from behind them, making his way to the counter to get a cup of coffee.

Everybody was silent, in fear of what Emily would do if they told him. They all knew that eventually, however, he would find out. He raised an eyebrow, scanning the agents, his eyes lingering on his girlfriend.

"About the, uh-" Emily wasn't even able to get out the lie before a rising sickness was rising in her throat. Just as she felt the feeling come upon her, Reid grabbed the small garbage bin from beside his desk and held it up in the air for her.

Morgan couldn't hide the smirk on his face as the team scrunched their faces as she emptied her stomach contents. 

"What's the matter?" Hotch asked as the woman finally finished. The concerned look on his face spoke for itself, causing the other team members to disperse and go about finishing their reports. Finally.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Must have been some kind of bug. I feel so much better now," she answered, forcing a smile and laughing it off. 

Hotch looked up at Reid, who was still holding the trash bin up for her. "What's wrong?" he asked the younger agent. 

"She's in the third stage of a migraine."

"You're going home," he said quickly, and in his "Hotch" voice.

"No! I'm fine! I have stuff to do, Hotch. I'm fine, I swe-" 

She was once again unable to form a sentence before throwing up intl the garbage bin once more. Once she was finished for the second time, Hotch grabbed the bin and made her follow him out the doors of the bullpen and near the elevator. 

"Aaron-"

"Emily," he said in a warning voice. "Go home. That's an order."

"I can't drive. I can barely see."

Hotch let out a small sigh and tried to think of an idea of what to do. Just as he did so, the elevator doors opened to reveal Anderson standing there, awkwardly staring at the man and the trash bin in his hands, then shifting his eyes over to a pale looking Emily.

"Is there anything-"

"What are you looking at Anderson? Shouldn't you be fetching coffee for Strauss like a little bi-"

"Hey," Hotch interrupted her. "Anderson, Emily is feeling under the weather. Would you mind telling Strauss that I am going  to take her home? I'll be back before you know it."

"Yes, sir!" Anderson said, eagerly walking away from them. 

"Yes, sir,"  Emily mocked him.

"What are you, twelve?" Hotch scoffed, leading them both into the elevator. "I'm taking you home."

"Most men would buy me a drink first."

Hotch chose to ignore her, placing the bin in her arms instead as the elevator descended. "How are you feeling?"

"Like somebody is hitting my head with a hammer over and over again. Ugh, fuck me!"  she groaned before leaning over the bin once more.

Aaron smiled slowly. "Most women would buy me a drink first."

XXX

As soon as the two were home, Emily found herself arguing with Aaron about going to bed.

"It's the only thing that is going to help," he insisted, pulling down the covers for her and closing the blinds. 

"Just give me some ibuprofen. I'll be fine. Aaron, I have stuff to do. I have to go back to work tomorrow."

"I'll take care of it. Now get in the bed."

"No," she said simply, crossing her arms in front of her.

"Excuse me?" he asked, putting on his Hotch voice once more.

"You're not the boss of me."

"Technically I am, and you need to stop acting like a two year old. Jack is better behaved than you," he said, taking a step closer to her to assert his dominance; something he knew she hated.

"Do not piss me off right now."

"Or what? Last time I checked, I'm the one with the gun strapped to my hip."

Their faces only inches away, Emily got an idea to convince him. "I know," she said, smirking softly while Hotch kept his stoic composure. "It's hot," she said while her hand began to trail up his chest. 

He leaned his head close to her ear and spoke lowly, sending shivers down her spine. "Nice try," he said before surprising her by picking her up by the backs of her legs.

"Aaron! Put me down!" she squealed and hit his shoulder before falling backwards onto the bed, her on top of him. "Get up or I'm gonna throw up on that pretty face of yours."

Aaron jumped up, laughing as he rid his shirt of any wrinkles. "I have to get back. Can I trust you to get some sleep?"

"What's in it for me?" she challenges, sitting at the edge of the bed in front of him.

"I'll show you later," he said in a low voice. "Now go to bed."

"You're just going to leave with that cliffhanger? How am I supposed to go to bed now?"

Aaron smiled and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "Sleep, Emily."

"Right. Sleep," she said, finally agreeing and pulling the covers up over her. Just as Hotch was about to close the door, she spoke. "Aaron," she said and he looked up in concern. "I love you."

Hotch smiled as he felt a familiar warm feeling in his chest. He was glad to see her in a better mood. "I love you too."

TBH Emily's comment about Anderson was uncalled for- anyways, hope you all had a good Christmas if you celebrate <3