"Hospital visit"

"Prentiss! Get down!"

Derek's words echoed in the back of Emily's brain as she now laid in a stuffy hospital room only hours after her shoulder was grazed by a bullet.

Granted, she had been through worse than this. The only thing that pained her now was the knowledge that the unsub got away. At least, she thought. Emily couldn't be sure how much time she had spent in here already.

The pain meds made her feel as if she was floating on a cloud. She didn't feel much, let alone think much about anything anyone was telling her.

At one point, she heard who she assumed to be her doctor telling her what happened, but she didn't pay attention long enough to hear what she had to say.

When her team entered the room, nothing changed. They gathered around her hospital bed, all with serious expressions on their faces as the doctor told them to make sure Emily "took it easy".

"How ya feeling, kid?" Rossi was the first to ask.

"Huh?" She asked in a tired, dazed voice, quickly realizing how messed up she sounded. "I, I dunno. I'm kinda hungry."

JJ looked up at Reid and smiled wide.

Then a colorful woman burst into the room. "Emily Elizabeth Prentiss! You scared the bejeebeez out of me! I thought you were dead, but then-"

"Garcia," Hotch directed his stern voice towards the blonde, who instantly covered her mouth.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, you're probably in so much pain, and,"

"Actually, I don't feel anything," Emily said with a confused, goofy smile.

"The pain medications she's been given for pain are similar to what dentists give for molar removal pain," Reid stated with a thin smile.

"So she's high?" Derek and Rossi both laughed.

"Uh, put simply, yes. But you probably shouldn't-"

"Hey, Princess, tell us something dirty about boss man," Derek was already questioning.

Reid internally facepalmed himself.

"Ah, ah, I think that's enough," Hotch interjected quickly.

"Hotch? Ohhh, Hoootch," Emily blinked slowly. "He does this little thing with his tongue-"

"Emily needs her rest," Hotch cut her off, but clearly not in time.

The team chuckled and all eyes were on Aaron, who was tucking the blanket up around her shoulders.

"How is he in bed?" Morgan asked next.

Hotch turned around and shot Morgan a dirty look, knowing there was nothing he could do to stop this.

"Oh, yeah. Best I've had," Emily mumbled something else incoherently under her breath.

The room erupted in laughter again before Hotch practically shoved Derek outside, the rest of the team following, knowing that Emily needed rest.

Not long after the team lest, Hotch walked back into her room to find her dozing off, snoring, with her lips parted.

A smile formed on his lips when he saw this. As much as she would hate Derek tomorrow, and everyone else for that matter, it was worth it for him to see her like this right now.

He walked to the side of the bed and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. She would be alright within a matter of weeks - days, even, but he wouldn't be letting her back into the office until she was completely healed.

Looking at her brought him a feeling of warmth. Something only Emily Prentiss could provide. The feeling was similar to a child waking up on Christmas morning and realizing that they had several presents waiting for them under the tree, or even something as relaxing as sitting next to a campfire on a warm summer night, and feeling the heat linger on your skin.

A/N: WE DID IT. (Kinda) I hit 25, which is halfway there! I also started school a few weeks ago, so I've been hella busy with all of that jazz. I hope y'all are enjoying fall! [rhyme intended]