"Waking up early"

They stayed out late that night. They knew they shouldn't have. Phrases such as just one more drink, and five more minutes were used often.

However, when you're with friends and the people you love, the hangover that comes with waking up the next day may just be worth it.

Emily, Aaron, and the rest of the team but Reid went out of drinks after a long case the evening of the case they solved in Miami.

That, however, was only the start of their night.

Once they were home, and it was confirmed that Jack was at a friend's house for the night, Aaron and Emily couldn't keep their hands to themselves any longer.

The two week time span in which she had been gone made Aaron easily excitable, which led to a long night for both of them.

Now, Emily woke up to her ear drums practically being blown out by Aaron's alarm beside the bed.

She groaned and reached across his body to turn it off, but instead, he arm came in contact with his rising chest, causing the alarm clock to fall to the floor.

Muttering profanities under her breath because she was unable to reach the floor from her position across Aaron, she hit his shoulder.

"Aaron,"

He sat up at the noise, which seemingly got louder by the minute.

"I can't- can you?" She looked down at the floor.

"If you get off of me," he grumbled.

Aaron reached his hand down the side of the bed and picked up the clock, turning it off, to their relief.

Emily rubbed her head, attempting to rid herself of her already pounding headache.

"What's the matter?" he asked, sitting up beside her and placing a hand on her thigh.

"My head is pounding," she responded, rubbing her temples slowly.

"Check the medicine cabinet downstairs." He patted her leg gently. "I have to leave soon. Early meetings."

She grabbed his hand and pulled him to her so she could capture his lips for a chaste kiss. "Can you make me coffee?"

He smiled softly as she pushed his messy hair out of his face. "Sure."

XXX

Emily drove into work twenty minutes later than Aaron, only because he had to meet with Strauss before another case came in.

When she walked in, she found JJ and Rossi chatting about their dinner last night over by the coffee station.

Typical Rossi. He seemed to be critiquing her cooking, but at the same time giving her tips on how to 'improve'.

"Em!" JJ exclaimed when she saw her friend approach. She was more than happy to get out of conversation with the older agent.

"Hi, Jayje. Rossi," she glanced at the man behind her.

"Where is Hotch?" he asked, noticing the empty space behind her that he usually filled.

"Meetings," She replied, pouring herself a mug of coffee.

"How's it going, living with the boss?" JJ asked with a small smile.

"Living with my boyfriend is going great. Honestly, I thought that he would do a lot more to annoy me. You always hear about when couples move in together and every little thing the other does sets them off."

"Haha," Rossi grinned, "you two are still in the honeymoon phase."

"Speaking of honeymoons," JJ wiggled her eyebrows. "When are you two love birds going to get married?"

"Woah," Emily nearly choked on her coffee. "JJ, I love you, but I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself."

"Eh," Rossi shrugged.

She shifted her eyes in his direction. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just. . . If there's one thing I've learned about my failed marriages, it's that life is short. Spend it with the people you love."

"I am, Rossi," she said.

He chose his words carefully. "I know you are, Bella. It's okay if you're not ready to take the next step just yet."

"Thanks, Rossi."

"Yeah, yeah, now I've got a recipe to write out for a certain blonde agent who can't tell the difference between fettuccine and marinara!" Rossi exclaimed, growing considerably louder.

"I can to!" JJ insisted, placing her mug down on the counter in disapproval.

Emily walked to her desk and sat down, thinking about what her two friends told her. If she really wanted to marry Aaron, she would know.

Right?

Could she spend the rest of her life with the man? She wasn't sure.

Like Rossi said, maybe they were still in the honeymoon phase.