"Confiding in one another"

She stared up at him as he paced the room, ranting about a case as he unpacked his belongings from his suitcase.

She knew better than to interrupt him as he went on and on about an unsub. Not because she thought they would fight, but because she knew it was good for him.

He never complained at work. Never flinched, never smiled, never moved a muscle. Agent Hotchner would lose his job before losing his temper.

"-and then he gave it to him!" he denounced from the bathroom, toothbrush in hand. "He gave it to him like it was an essential part of the boys life; to hold a gun, to shoot a gun! At a person. A real, live, breathing person."

Emily simply listened as the complaints were silenced momentarily by a toothbrush being stuck into his motor mouth.

Any more of this and he was beginning to sound like Garcia.

She glanced down at the ring on her finger and smiled to herself. What was she getting into?

"You know," he started once again, exiting the bathroom and repacking his bag. "I should have found him sooner. Just a minute sooner. I could have prevented it."

Emily looked up at him and stared him down until he looked her back in the eye. "Are you done now?" she asked tentatively.

Aaron wasn't a fan of when she made him feel like a child who'd just had a screaming fit on the floor. "Yes," he mumbled anyways.

She patted the bed beside her and he sat down, only to open his mouth again.

"Ssh," she insisted, placing both hands on his shoulders and beginning to massage his muscles. "It's over, honey," she continued.

Emily stripped him of his dark suit jacket and tie that was practically strangling the man.

He grumbled something under his breath and winced as she carefully maneuvered her hands particularly deep.

"I just wish I could have done something. The right thing. And I know, with our job, it's nearly impossible, but I could have saved that boys life. I was seconds away!" he stated as she continued to massage his back, taking note of stiff his shoulders happened to be.

"You can't save everyone," she told him in response.

He let out a deep sigh as she moved the muscles in his strong shoulders. "I know," he grumbled, beginning to unbutton his shirt and toss it aside, leaving him in a simple white tank.

He watched his fiancé stand up and quickly change into a mauve tee and black shorts.

"Sorry," he said softly. "You don't need to hear all of this."

The couple pushed back the covers and got into bed, leaving the lamp beside Emily on. "Don't be sorry," she said, smiling softly at him. "That's what I'm here for Aaron. I want you to tell me these things." The smile on her face grew in size. "That's why we're getting married."

Hotch smiled back at her with love in his eyes. "I still can't believe we're going to get married," he laughed quietly.

Emily looked up at him and smiled. "I'm thinking white and red. Not a lot of red, but enough to make you think 'woah, I like the red,'" she said as he lifted his arm for her to snuggle comfortably into his side, "and I don't want a big wedding. Just family. Moms, dads, siblings, and of course, the team."

Hotch nodded his head. He liked this. Discussing their wedding together felt like it was really real. They were really getting married. "I like the sound of that," he agreed.

She looked up at him and smiled, "And I want roses. White ones and red ones," she told him as she settled into his chest.

XXX

Emily opened Hotch's office door with so much force that it would surely incapacitate anyone who happened to be behind it as she barged into his office.

"You wouldn't believe what just happened to me," she denounced, collapsing onto the couch near the door.

"Come on in," Hotch muttered, continuing to write in his file. He then looked up from the file he was writing in and glanced at the woman as she threw her hand over her face. His attention was then turned back onto the documents in front of him, "what happened?"

"I got a call from my mother. She wants to visit me."

"What's so bad about that?"

"Aaron!" she exclaimed, jumping up and staring at the raven haired man. "I haven't told her that we're engaged! She'll be furious!"

He hummed in agreement, scribbling his signature across the bottom of a paper. "Yes, that may present as a problem."

She rolled her eyes and settled back down onto the couch. "And that's not even the worst part. I told her that she could stop by! That's the effect that woman has on me still! Before I knew what I was saying, the words just came out of my mouth!"

Hotch scribbled something else down, "I'm kind of busy here, Em. This is the FBI."

She tossed her head to the side and stared at him like he was an idiot. "I can't let her visit! That's means I'll have to tell her that we are engaged," she said, disregarding his comment.

"You'll have to tell her at some point," he told her.

Emily groaned as he stood up. She remembered him telling her this morning how he had a conference at three.

"Can't we just not invite her to the wedding?" she said as Aaron fixed his tie and straightened his suit jacket.

"Yeah," he scoffed, "because that will go over smoothly." He glanced at his watch. "I have to get going. Call your mother back and tell her that I'll be there when she comes to visit."

Emily's face lit up as she stood up. "Really? You will? Because that would mean so much to me," she told him with that smile she gave him when she wanted something from him.

Of course, he would always end up caving to her, one way or another.

"Yes. I'll be there. Oh, also, if you see Reid, please tell him that he needs to pick up the peanut shells in the round table room."

"What?" Emily asked as he placed his hand on the door knob.

"Him and Morgan wanted to see who could catch more in their mouths. From what I understand, Morgan won thirty bucks and now Reid has to clean up."

"And they didn't tell me about this?!" Emily sounded offended as they left his office and took off down the hall.

The disapproving look on the man's face was enough to make Emily chuckle as she went to find Spencer.

I'm sorry I haven't been updating as recent lately! I've been trying to focus on school, and life is a tuff thing to navigate. I hope you all are enjoying spring so far!