"Christmas"

Emily woke up to the sound of Aaron's bedroom door creaking open. Before she knew what was happening, she felt a child jumping up and down on the bed. 

"Dad! Emmy! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Jack exclaimed, pulling down the blankets that covered his father. 

Aaron groaned. "No, it can't be. We celebrated that last year."

"Dad!" The boy jumped off of the bed. "Come on!" 

Aaron sat up and watched his son run out the door and down the stairs. He looked beside him at Emily and smiled. "Morning," he said with a chuckle. 

She stared up at his messy hair and could tell he was surprised that Jack hadn't said anything about them being in bed together. They spent the previous evening together, and Emily stayed the night. "Merry Christmas," she said, grinning. 

Aaron leaned back down to connect their lips with a lazy kiss. He came to see that she was wearing a t-shirt of his to sleep in. As he looked further down to her waistline, he could see that she was wearing a pair of his small pajama pants as well. 

"They're comfortable," Emily mentioned, noticing his gaze. 

"Then they're yours." Aaron showed a crooked smile and watched her sit upright. "I suppose we should go downstairs now." 

"Only if you're making breakfast," she told him.

"You're telling me that you don't have anywhere else to be on Christmas?"

"I'm telling you that I don't have anywhere else to be on Christmas," she replied with a smile. "My mom is in Italy for the winter, and my dad is, well, MIA." 

Aaron's expression returned to it's usual, serious composure. "Isn't Christmas all about spending time with those you love?"

"I love you and Jack," Emily said confidently, placing her hand on his thigh, and watching a proud smile spread across his face. 

"I- We love you, too."

A/N: Sorry if this one is a bit short. I'm facing some writers block with the current story I'm working on right now. I'm trying to squeeze my brain for ideas, so hopefully it works xD  Hope you're all enjoying August so far <3