"Missing one another"

There is one week until Emily's birthday, and she has just returned from visiting her cousin Shelby in Oregon. Emily was only gone for a few weeks, but Aaron seemed to miss her terribly.

That was the thing about "new" couples. They couldn't keep their hands to themselves for just a few days. It's funny; as time goes on, we come to detest their simple existence at times.

Even if they weren't new to each other, the whole handsy thing had yet to cease with Aaron.

So, after a little over two weeks without being near her, you could imagine how pleased he was to see her at the BAU on a Thursday morning.

XXX

"Come in!" Aaron called form his desk to his office door after it had been knocked softly on.

He only looked up when he saw the familiar face of Emily Prentiss. She saw his face light up instantly, which made her heart melt in her chest.

"Hey! I didn't think you were flying in this morning," he said in a lighter tone, jumping up from his desk and making his way towards her.

"I didn't think I was either. My layover in Chicago was canceled. It's good to see you," she smiled and wrapped both arms around him.

"Are you coming with us to Miami?" he asked as he held her in his arms, inhaling her familiar scent of lavender and vanilla.

"Why would I ever miss the chance to get a tan?"

"I don't think you'll have time to get a tan, Em," he said with a laugh. "I can brief you on the jet. Right now I want to hear about your trip. How was it?" Aaron asked, pulling back but still holding her arms as she did with his own.

"Shelby is pregnant with baby number two," she smiled, "and her son Sebastian just started second grade. I'm glad I got to visit her. I didn't realize how much I missed her until now."

"Glad to hear she's doing well. You speak highly of her; I'll have to meet her sometime."

"Aaron, you haven't even met my mother."

"Technically, I have."

"Not as my boyfriend."

"I assume there is reasoning behind your madness, miss Prentiss," he lifted an eyebrow at her.

"I don't think she'd be thrilled to know that I'm dating my boss. I just don't want her to get the wrong idea."

"I understand. We'll just have to show her how much we looove each other," he teased, grinning.

"I guess so." Emily stretched her neck upwards and captured his lips for a quick kiss that she knew left him wanting more.

She turned her had and took through the blinds as she felt his hand slowly making its way around her back.

Nobody was watching, or at least, not yet. She moved away from his arms and found the mug in his desk. "Decaf?"

"Never," he responded, a little disappointed.

She took a swig out of the mug, then scrunched up her entire face and shook her head. "I forgot how bitter you like your coffee."

"JJ just made a pot downstairs," he said, walking towards her and snaking his arms around her waist from behind.

Only this time, he tentatively placed a warm kiss below her ear, then began to move his lips down her neck.

She laughed and held his large hands over her stomach. "You better be careful, Hotch. Strauss could walk through that door any minute."

"I'll take my chances," he insisted, pressing his chest to her back.

Emily grinned and tilted her head to the side, relaxing into his arms. "Wheels up in?"

"Ten. No, twenty."

"Forget it. You've got me alone for ten more minutes before I go and get that coffee."

"Then I'm going to love the heck out of you for then more minutes," he said calmly, continuing his attack on her neck.