"Trying each other's hobbies"

"Come on, get up!"

Aaron's voice was muffled by the pillow Emily covered her face with when she heard his joyful tone.

"You said you'd go for a run with me. Let's go, sleepyhead," he said, taking the pillow off of her face.

"Yeah, but now I don't want to," she groaned, pulling the covers up now. "It's not even six in the morning."

He laughed and leaned down after placing a hand on her covered shoulder. "You get up this early every day, Em."

"Yeah, but not to run," she complained, pulling the covers up further on her head.

"Can I make a deal with you, then?"

"No," she grumbled from beneath the sheets.

He continued anyways. "If you come for a run with me, I'll buy you breakfast."

"I can't eat if I'm dead."

"That's it," he said, finally putting his foot down and pulling down the covers. "Get up, let's go."

"Aaron!" she grabbed his arms, causing him to laugh even more.

He moved his hands to her waist, but before he could pull her up, she pulled him down on top of her. "Hey!" he exclaimed, clearly caught off guard.

She quickly registered what she'd done and tried to jump out of the bed. Unfortunately for her, she was brought back down by two arms around her waist.

They both fell backwards onto the bed, laughing.

"This is all the exercise I need," she said, running her hand down the scruff on his cheek.

"Too bad. Come with me or I'll make you do fitness tests with Morgan."

That was all it took for Emily to get out of bed and put a blue t-shirt and shorts on.

"Look at that, we match," he said when he saw her black shorts.

"Let's just get this over with," she scoffed, earning two raised eyebrows and a half smile from Hotch. He would never admit it, but he loved her sarcastic sense of humor.

They left Hotch's house not long after this and went to a park not far from where he lived.

Once out of the car, Emily looked around. "So, what? You just run around the whole park?"

"There's a trail I usually take that cuts through the trees up ahead," he said, taking a swig of water.

"I'll race you."

"What?" he asked, taken aback by her words.

"I'll race you. Once around and we meet back here."

"Seriously?"

"I'll count to three."

He struggled to close his car door as she began the countdown. "Hey!" he called when she took off ahead of him. What a cheater!

"Better catch up!" she yelled behind her.

When he actually did, she began to doubt her abilities, so she ran faster.

Aaron was enjoying this more than he thought he would when she agreed to go for runs with him every Tuesday and Friday. At first, he thought that he could easily catch up to her, but after a few minutes of running with her ahead of him, he felt strangely winded. Surprised, too. He honestly didn't think that she would be this fast. Maybe even faster than him.

Emily felt him gaining on her and found herself wondering how long this trail was. Before she knew it, he was right on her heels.

"Hey there," he said, breathing quickly and coming up on her left.

She gasped and used whatever adrenaline left inside of her to speed up and turn the corner. To her surprise, the trail continued through the woods even further.

"You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that to catch me, Hotch!" she called behind her.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that!" he breathed back, gaining speed, causing them to be neck and neck with one another.

With Aaron's car in sight, both brunettes exerted the last bit of adrenaline inside of them and sped up significantly.

Aaron's lead quickly slipped away, and in the end, Emily eventually had him beat by about three seconds, as he had accepted his defeat.

"You, you didn't tell me you could run so fast," he said, his breathing rapid.

"You didn't tell me you were so slow!" she exclaimed, opening the passenger side door to retrieve her water bottle.

"I was taking it easy on you," he said, taking his own bottle that she handed to him.

"Oh, please," she scoffed, then hit his shoulder lightly. "I won fair and square."

"Fine," he grimaced after taking a large swallow of water.

"You know, I'm not that tired. Up for another lap, old man?"

Hotch placed a hand on his hip and shook his head at her words. "Only if it means we can get something to eat after."

"Okay, but you're paying."

With that said, she took off running once more.