The End?

I hate to announce this. . . but I'm finally putting a closing to these one shots. It's been such a fun journey, and I loved writing each and every one of these stories. I'll continue to rewrite a few of them that I feel could have went in a different direction.

Thank you so much for all of the reads, comments, and votes! I love reading and smiling at every comment, it makes me so happy.

I'd also like to announce that I'll be releasing a new fic soon, so stay tuned for that!

XXX

Two years later. . .

"I'm gonna get you!" Emily teased as she chased a young Stephen Hotchner around the house.

Stephen, in all of his toddler glory, screamed and ran, or rather hobbled quickly in the opposite direction of his mother.

Aaron smiled at his wife and son from the kitchen, where he made dinner. He couldn't have been happier with his life. He had a beautiful wife and two children running around the house now, and he couldn't have been more content with this.

Jack peaked over the counter and watched as his dad chopped up and onion and put it into the pan on the stove, eager to learn.

"Can I try?" He asked curiously.

"You want to cut up an onion? I don't know buddy, you might cut yourself," Aaron replied.

"But daaad, I'm ten! I'll be okay," he assured his father.

Aaron smiled softly and agreed. Jack was somehow more inquisitive than he was when he was younger, and he took an interest in nearly everything around him.

"Okay, buddy, but remember to watch your fingers," he said, carefully holding his son's hand with the knife in it.

Jack focused carefully on the vegetable in front of him as his father's hand guided his own. Aaron watched as his son did it nearly perfect without his help.

He stepped back as Jack took his hand away to rub his eyes. He picked up the sliced onions and tossed them into the pan, using the back of his hand to rub his eyes once more.

Aaron looked down at his son and smiled. "Jack, what's the matter?" he teased, "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying!" the boy protested, although he was unable to stop his eyes from watering.

"Was it something I said?" Aaron chuckled.

Jack, becoming upset, raised his voice slightly. "Dad, I'm not crying!"  he said, only causing his father to laugh more.

Then Emily walked into the kitchen, shushing them with her hand. "Ssh, I just got Stephen to lay down," she said. It was a miracle every time she got him to go to sleep. He had so much energy, she thought he could stay awake all hours of the night.

She glanced at Jack who was still rubbing his eyes on the back of his sleeve. "Jackster, don't listen to him, it's the onion that is making your eyes water."

Aaron grinned at his son, who glared at him.

"Can I go watch a movie?" Jack asked them, now smiling once more. He could never stay mad for long.

"Yes, but uncle Dave is going to be here in an hour," Emily told him.

He did a quick fist pump before running quickly past them, Aaron ruffling his hair as he did so.

"So you finally got Stephen to sleep?" Aaron asked, leaning against the counter.

Emily let out a deep breath. "It feels like a dream to get two seconds of silence," she admitted, running her hands through her hair.