"Camping"

I'm probably going to make this a three part plot. . . 3 different prompts but all while camping <3

XXX

There came a time in the year, specifically in the fall, when the BAU team got together to decide on a team building activity.

Their last activity had been paintball, which was to become a tradition from that point on. Now, with everybody gathered together on the jet ride home after a case. Rossi brought up the idea of camping.

They all collectively thought it was a great idea. JJ was the first to agree, loving the idea of being able to get away from her chaotic life for a moment.

Emily convinced Hotch to agree as well, telling him that it would be a perfect time for him to relax, which he often didn't get.

Morgan and Garcia both were intrigued by camping, both placing bets on whether or not he could start a fire with just two sticks. Soon, Reid joined in on the bet and stated that he would need some sort of sun reflecting object like glasses.

Once the entire team was on board, Hotch went to Strauss and presented their plan.

Rossi knew a place in the woods outside of the city near a lake they could go to.

XXX

Once the team arrived in the woods, almost instantly, their individual personalities began to emerge.

"Derek! There was just a- a spider, and it was on your leg!" Penelope yelled as soon as the began walking.

He looked back at her, eyebrows furrowed. He was carrying more than half of her luggage in his arms, along with his own bag.

"Rossi, where are we going?" JJ asked, walking beside Reid and Emily.

"Only a little further into the woods. There is flat land down by the water," he responded, leading the group.

"Ouch!"

They all spun around and watched as Penelope swatted at Derek's cheek.

"There was a mosquito on your face!"

"I have bug spray," Reid mentioned, beginning to unzip a pocket in his bag as he walked. "Although traditional bug repellent doesn't help as much as you think it would. It can actually genetically modify-"

"Reid, shut up and give me the damn spray."

"Hey, be nice to Reid, he's only trying to help," Emily scolded Derek.

"Just like Garcia was only trying to help by slapping you," Rossi chimed in.

Emily caught up to Aaron's pace and walked beside him. "You know how to put a tent together, right? Because I don't."

He smiled. "You never went camping as a kid?"

She gave him a look that told him not to ask questions he already knew the answer to.

"Yeah, I do, but you're going to learn how."

"Aaron, I'm never coming back out into the woods ever again after this," she protested. "Plus, I'll always have you around to do it for me."

Their eyes both widened as they both registered what she said, only after the words had left her mouth. 

"You think so, huh?" he asked, turning his head to smile at her.

When she looked up at him and returned the smile, he leaned in for a quick kiss.

"Ah, here we are!" Rossi exclaimed, dropping his bag down to the ground.

The team looked out over the landscape. The lake wasn't far from where they were going to set up their tents, and they seemed to be surround by trees.

They began setting up their tents quickly. Morgan set his own small, black tent up first before helping Penelope with her much larger, pink and purple castle.

While Emily was watching carefully as Aaron put up their own tent, she thought about how much she loved going on these outings with her team. Her family.

Rossi and Morgan both helped put together Reid's tent, seeing as he set it up the wrong way the first time.

JJ and Emily watched as all the men now joined in on the effort; trying and failing to get it aligned properly.

Emily bit her lip as Aaron tossed his sweatshirt to the side, revealing his muscular arms under a navy t-shirt. His jeans and beard growing in made him look all the more ruggedly handsome.

"Em," JJ smirked, nudging the woman beside her. "Em, you're practically drooling."

Emily didn't take her eyes off of her boyfriend and current source of eye candy. "Look at those hands. . ." she said, watching as he gripped a tent stake.

"Okay!" JJ announced to her, emphasizing the 'a'. "How about you go touch some grass, while Penelope and I go explore?"

Emily pulled her eyes away from the man and shook her head, laughing. "We can go get firewood. That's a good way to get to know the area."

"I'm not going into those woods alone," Penelope piped up, struggling to make her way out of her extravagant tent complex. "JJ, you know karate stuff."

"Alright," JJ agreed.

"What are we doing?" Aaron asked from behind them.

Emily turned her head and smiled. "Going to get firewood, and you're with me."