"Dancing" {50}

FIFTY STORIES!!!! Words can't describe how much I've loved writing each and every one of these. This story(s) has been my baby. My LITERAL CHILD. My personal favorite was "making fun of each other".

It would be super cool and slay and awesome if you all could comment your favorite chapter <3 I would love knowing your thoughts!

I am also planning on going back and rewriting some of these chapters. . .

In honor of fifty chapters, ya'll will get a long chapter <3

(5312 words)

XXX

Aaron opened his eyes slowly and woke up to a familiar warmth on his chest. He looked down to see one, sleeping Emily. Her raven hair brushed the skin of his neck as she shifted slightly.

Even when she was sleeping she was beautiful, he mused. Aaron wanted to wake up like this every day for the rest of his life; her head on his chest, the sun peeking through the curtains. He smiled as the thought of marriage drifted into his brain.

It had been on his mind more than he cared to admit lately. He loved her so much. The way she cared for his son, the way she pulled him in by his tie for a kiss, the way she laughed, and the way she smiled into his lips when they kissed. She lightened up his life, and there was no going back to the darkness now.

Emily's head shifted slightly on his chest as she looked up to meet his eyes.

"Good morning," he said in that low morning voice of his.

She quickly spotted the content smile on his lips, and the way he looked so calm with his hair hanging down into his face. "What's that look?" she asked.

Aaron adjusted his arm around her waist. "I'm happy," he stated simply.

"Woah," Emily faked a gasp. "Somebody better call the cops, mister grumpy is smiling." She threw a leg over one of his own under the covers.

"Oh, you be quiet." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head. He used his hand to brush the start hair out of her face before resting it on her cheek.

"You know how to make a woman happy with that beard, I hope you know," Emily said and rubbed the scruff on his chin with her fingertips.

"Yeah? I was thinking about shaving. I think I'll keep it."

Emily leaned up to kiss him sweetly, adjusting her position in his arms. "Yeah, but if it grows past your chin, we're going to have a problem."

"Noted," he mumbled against her lips. He pulled her in for another kiss, then another, until they were beginning to grow more frantic. "We have to go to work, you know," Aaron said, pulling away.

"No we don't," Emily groaned. "We can just stay in bed all day. All it takes is one text message," she said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

Aaron wished he could do what she was asking him. He wanted nothing more than to fool around in bed all day with her, doing whatever she wanted. Eating, watching movies, making love, talking - he would do it.

Emily sighed heavily when he didn't budge, and made her way out of his arms and out of bed. Aaron held onto her hand as she was stood beside the bed. She grabbed onto his other hand and pulled him up with her.

"Hmm, I'm craving pancakes," she said, admiring him in front of her, running her hands over his strong shoulders.

"Pancakes?" Aaron smiled and circled her waist with his arms.

Emily hummed in agreement and leaned up to kiss him lazily.

Once Aaron had left to go make breakfast in his soft blue shirt and gray sweats, Emily made her way to Jack's room to get him ready for school. Although it felt like routine at this point, Emily couldn't be happier to see Jack every morning, and every time she was home from work.