"Making fun of each other"

An F-bomb is dropped in this chapter. . . you've been warned.

In the early spring nearly every year at the BAU was the annual paintball game that the agents played together. Each agent contributed twenty dollars for about two hours worth of time to shoot one another.

It was considered to be a "team building" activity, but turned out to be that exact opposite of that every year. Morgan usually dominated the field, while Reid hid behind heavy objects.

XXX

"We need teams," Rossi said once they all received their guns and helmets. "Who are our captains?"

"Me!" Morgan interjected quickly, then pointed to JJ. "JJ can be one too."

She agreed with a shrug, and stood in front of the rest of the team beside him. "You've got first pick," she said.

"I'll take Hotch," Morgan said with a smile, gesturing towards Aaron.

"Em, you're with me," JJ countered.

Aaron shrugged towards her, to which she returned a mischievous grin. Besides being stronger than her, Emily and him were both equal in the field. She matched his strength with her speed, and their shots were both usually dead on.

"Garcia, come on over, mama," Morgan smiled at the colorful woman. He chose her partly because she was his best friend, partly because he wanted to protect her, and partly because he thought him and Hotch alone would destroy their competition.

"We'll take Rossi," JJ said, shrugging at Spencer.

Rossi laughed at Reid, who was currently trying to figure out how to wear his helmet.

That left Reid with Morgan's team, which made it uneven by one agent. They were all fine with this however, since Derek's team had Garcia, who had most likely never shot a gun in her life.

XXX

The game started off by both teams moving to their side of the map. Cylinders, wood pallets, and small buildings and cars were scattered across the field.

These objects proved to be useful when Reid immediately jumped inside of a small tunnel created by two large cylinders.

Morgan tan for the highest ground, which was a building with a clock painted on the side of it.

Emily wanted to kick Morgan's ass, so naturally she watched through a small hole and tried to get a clear shot of him.

Garcia was quickly shot down by JJ, who saw her crouching behind a wooden box and aimlessly waiving her gun.

"Ouch! Ow! OK, I'M DONE!" she yelled as the paint splattered her chest.

Rossi hid inside of the building beside Emily, with eyes on Hotch who was sneaking up towards Derek. Once he moved past a car, Rossi and Emily both spotted Reid crouching behind it.

They shared a head nod before not one, but both agents lit him up from across the field. Pained wails filled the air, guaranteeing their fire had landed on it's target.

Reid stood up, his hands on the air, covered in paint and clutching his arm.

Since their building was now a target, it didn't take long for Hotch and Morgan to light them up.

"Duck!" Emily shouted as paint balls began exploding against the side of the small house they used as cover.

Rossi didn't get down in time. "I'm hit!" he shouted, standing up. Once he stood up, he was pelted in the back once more. "Shut the hell up, Derek!" he yelled across the field.

Laughter was heard from the clock tower where both men stood behind a wooden cover.

"Little fucker," Rossi muttered, walking away and rubbing his back.

What the men didn't suspect was JJ below them, sneaking up on them as they were distracted.

Emily watched as she fired and quickly shot down Morgan, but was stopped by Hotch who delivered a hit to the helmet, blocking her vision.

"Damn it!" she complained, walking out of the tower with Morgan.

That left Emily and Aaron.

She listened as her team cheered for her along the sidelines. To her advantage, he didn't know where she was.

Aaron surveyed the landscape, looking for any traces of movement.

Emily watched him carefully. So she could move to a different, closer location, she fired in the opposite direction. Her plan work, as his attention was diverted to across the map.

She jumped behind two cylinders, making her way to a wood pallet array that covered her and she still had a view of him perfectly through the window.

Hearing her footsteps, he spun around and spotted her hiding spot. He was at her mercy, completely.

"Hands up!" she shouted through her helmet.

He shook his head and reluctantly put down his gun. This was going to hurt.

"Turn around!" she then shouted, enjoying this probably a bit too much.

He did as he was told, only to feel two hard balls explode and sting his back. He winced and heard laughing all around the field.

He jumped down from the tower and walked back out of the field with her. "You're mean," he grumbled, taking his helmet off and breathing heavily.

Emily pulled her helmet off as well and placed a hand in his back. "Hurt?"

"Ouch! Em!" he winced as she touched a new bruise and pulled her hand away.

The rest of the team congratulated Emily on her strategy, although none of them were surprised that she won, except Aaron and Derek. Morgan, however, was more angry at JJ for raiding the clock tower than he was at Emily.

"You guys lit me up!" Reid complained.

It was true. Rossi and Emily laughed at his paint stained clothing and helmet.

"That's what you get for trying to hide, Spence," JJ laughed.

"I think we can all agree that Emily's final play was the best," Garcia suggested. She seemed to be the only one who wasn't upset about losing, and just liked to be with her friends.

"You got that right!" Emily agreed, shoving Hotch playfully beside her.

"I'll make you pay for that later," he growled.

The team groaned in disgust. "Hey, hey," Rossi interjected. "TMI."

"Who's up for another round?" JJ asked with a grin.

"Ready to get your ass kicked, pretty boy?"Morgan nudged Reid, causing him to stumble and drop his paintball gun to the grass.

"Hey, don't bully Reid, chocolate thunder," Garcia scolded him.

He waved his hands in the air innocently.

Hotch smirked at Emily. This round, she knew she had a target on her back.