𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

♪ Don't ever lie
I need you to tell me the truth ♪

Grace Bauer POV

I'm not one to complain. I mean- I am. But when my father comes to me and says that I will be spending the next 9 months of my life with a friend of his so I could be safe, I have to complain. What if he is a creepy old man? He lives in Monaco, too far away from the place I call home. And he travels a lot because he is in Formula 1. Yes, Formula 1 is a pretty popular thing that I have no knowledge of.

Now here I am. After trying everything I could to make them regret their decision by protesting, pouting, silent treatment, and being rude, I am packing my bags to go live with the 48-year-old man who agreed to keep me and take care of me for the rest of the year. I mean he is single, into Formula 1, and old enough to be a creepy man so I'm legitimately fearing for my life even though I know my parents wouldn't endanger me, knowingly.

"Get out of the fucking car" My dad says for the fifth time, I finally leave the car and see my mom speaking to someone and he finally gets out of the building entrance and--

When I tell you this man is fine. HE IS FINE. Is he really 48 or was I fooled? I mean I wouldn't mind spending these months with him now. We got closer to the door and he seemed a bit surprised when he saw me.

"It's nice to know you Grace. I'm Toto Wolff" He says and puts his hand out for me to shake it.

"Well, you know who I am. Nice to know you too" I say shaking his hand and my parents smile at me.

"I will take her things to the room" My dad says excitedly.

"I will show you where it is" Toto says and we get in. The apartment building was nice, we get to his apartment and it was pretty simple but luxurious enough to know he has money. It was on the last floor so it also had a nice pool and terrace the others didn't have, it actually was the whole last floor.

"Please behave Grace, he is doing us a favor, don't make his life hell" My mom says while they go ahead.

"I'm not a child, I will be fine" I say and she takes a deep breath.

"I will trust you, he is a good man, don't ruin his friendship with your dad. They've known each other since you were born" My mom says, we got in my bedroom and I see them looking at me.

"Do you like it?" Toto asks a bit confused by the silence.

"Oh, yeah. It's even better than the room I had in your house" I say pretty happy with it. It even has a bathroom so I can't complain.

"That's great. We will get going so you can know each other and maybe see what works better for you both in terms of this" My dad says and I nod. We go to the entrance and after hugs, kisses and warnings they finally leave. Toto closes the door and turns around looking at me.

"We need to make some rules. For your safety and our comfort" He says and I nod getting out of the entrance and going to the living room which was an open space with the kitchen and dining room, I like it.

"Whatever you want. What were you thinking?" I ask and he sits in front of me.

"I'm going to give you my phone number, if you need to go somewhere when I can't go and you can't reach me send me a text, I need to know where you are even while in the paddock. You can't also get into my bedroom. You can't bring men home. I don't like that. Don't start problems and don't you dare disappear on me" He says and I nod.

"Okay, anything else dad?" I ask with a sarcastic tone.

"I'm not your dad, I'm just keeping you safe" He says rolling his eyes and I laugh.

"So, daddy is better then?" I ask and he is speechless. Oh, this will be fun.

"Don't you dare go there. New rule: Don't flirt with me or anyone else inside the Formula 1 world" He says and I roll my eyes.

"Afraid you wouldn't resist?" I ask with a smirk and he shakes his head.

"You are problematic Grace. Don't be like that. I have too much to deal with, I don't need a spoiled girl trying to hit on me" He says getting up.

"Chill out. I was joking. You are out of limits, I know it. You are my dad's closest friend. I'm not doing that even if you are pretty good for your age. You can relax" I say shrugging, getting up and going to my room.

"My room is in front of yours. Never go there" He says and I close my door not answering him.

I laid in bed and started thinking what the fuck I would do for 9 whole months while being bored to death. I'm in marketing for my dad's company, work only occupies certain hours of my day. This will be so fucking boring. And he seems fucking boring, so attractive but so out of limits. What a shame. I was almost falling asleep when I hear a knock on the door.

"Get in, I won't make a rule about you entering my room. Just always knock" I say and he opens it.

"I have to travel to Bahrain tomorrow. The plane will leave at 9 am. Don't unpack" He says and I nod.

"Dad told me already but thanks" I say going back to my phone.

"Let's have lunch" He says while heading out of the room, I get up still a bit confused but I'm hungry, I'm not going to say no.

"What are we going to eat?" I ask and he shrugs picking up a jacket.

"There's a good restaurant down the street, it's good and close. Get a jacket, it's a bit cold outside. The last thing I need is you getting sick" He says and I roll my eyes but do as he says.