𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

♬ I never said that we would die together
That doesn't mean it was a lie, remember ♬

Grace Bauer POV

All of this started to take a toll on me. I wasn't ready to be reminded of my birthday last year but it gave me the last push to fire him, I am seriously considering putting a restraining order against him but I will see how he behaves. I blocked him, which won't do much because he will definitely continue to create new numbers like he did with my old phone number.

Also, this thing with Toto it's starting to make me doubt things. Getting involved with him certainly complicated things and it was my mistake, I was the one who teased him. There is a month left until the last race of the year. We will say goodbye to each other in Abu Dhabi, we can do it, we are definitely not going to get hurt. I know he isn't.

We are in Brazil and I'm loving it. We've spent the last few days traveling around with Lewis, we didn't have much time, but it was good. It has been stressful, especially since the fight for the championship is tight, nobody knows how this will end. If Lewis loses, I know Toto won't take it easy. I know Mercedes will probably win the constructors championship anyway but it's not the same.

"Good morning" Angela says as I enter the garage and I nod.

"Good morning. How is everyone doing?" I ask as I watched the garage, everyone was moving around in clear stress. It's race day and they want to win badly.

"Lewis is doing good. The stress won't do him no good, but it's impossible not to be stressed," She says as we look around.

"Yeah, we will see how it goes" I say shrugging it off, there is not much I can do.

I just went into Toto's office and took care of my work from there. I ate lunch there with Angela and we got out as the race was about to start. I look around and see Toto was looking around and his eyes stop on me. He signals me to come to his side and I do so.

"Do you need anything?" I whisper as I arrive in front of him.

"Just stay here, please" He asks as he wraps his arms around me and I nod. I turn around, giving him my back, lean onto him and watch the race on the same screen as he does.

His breathing was fast and unsteady. I could only hope for a win. Lewis started in 10th so a win here was needed but it wasn't easy. But he did it! He won! Toto hugged me tightly as soon as Lewis crossed the finish line and I smiled.

"He did it!" I say excitedly and Toto nods.

We went to congratulate Lewis as he got out from his car and he couldn't be happier. We watched the celebrations and I felt Toto's hand on mine. When we went to the motorhome I also saw Alexandra looking at him, he briefly looked in her direction and she smiled.

"That was a very much-needed win" She tries to make small talk and he nods as we walk by.

"Didn't she try to talk to you again?" I ask quietly so no one could overhear us and he shakes his head.

"She wouldn't dare to" His answer was good enough for me and I was relieved. Why? I don't know, she doesn't pose a threat to me either way.

I was at a table with Toto while we waited for the food he requested when I overheard a few interns, I was ignoring it because they were just saying bullshit until my name and Toto's were mentioned. That peaked my curiosity, and I was also bored.

"Oh, come on. Toto and Grace are not together. That man only hugs her and holds hands with her, I've never even saw them kiss. She is way too good for him anyways" One of them says a bit irritated and I am surprised at the nerve he has to talk about people he doesn't even know.

"Don't be a dumbass! They do kiss when they are out of sight, I've seen it a few times. Besides, the way he looks at her, he is definitely fucking her. That man gets laid more than you. He is the boss, he won't just kiss her anywhere and everywhere" One of the other says and I nod in agreement.

"Who the fuck do they think they are?" Toto mutters lifting his gaze from his phone. Oh, he is listening too.

"Come on, they are just gossiping. The second guy was on point, just ignore it" I say taking his hand in mine to try and make sure he didn't get up.

"Should I kiss you more in public to make it seem more real?" He asks curiously and I shake my head.

"No, they are just being dickheads. We kiss way too much in private, the guy is just jealous" I say and he nods.

"If I hear them talking about us again I will have to warn them not to. That is disrespectful" He says right before our food got here and the problem went away as we approached other subjects in our conversations.

Lewis joined us almost half an hour later and so did Valtteri. These two are such good friends, I absolutely adore them. Lewis sends me memes every day and we even joke about Toto a lot, especially when he is mad.

Valtteri has invited me into his home and provided me his couch to sleep in so I'm delighted I'm not one of the people he invites to sleep on a tent in the backyard since he decided to have a one-bedroom house. I'm very honored to be allowed to sleep in his living room if I need to.

Spending all these months with Mercedes was a blessing, I have made such huge friendships and I really do think I will keep them. I will probably come by once a year when they are in Austria so it's pretty good.